Windows 10: Onenote desktop no longer syncing - can database be synced to Dropbox?

1.    01 May 2018 #1

Onenote desktop no longer syncing - can database be synced to Dropbox?

For whatever reason, Onenote desktop 2016 is no longer syncing with online service.
    And online folders have disappeared
    Do not want to go through "pay for support"...
    Can Onenote database be switched to Dropbox for syncing instead?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.55 and W10 Insider Build 18262
       01 May 2018 #2

I remember reading that OneNote 2016 is gradually being phased out. Perhaps this is connected? Does OneNote W10 work?

OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016
      My ComputersSystem Spec

3.    01 May 2018 #3

This is a complicated thing...

Since I've moved the Onenote 2016 files to "One Drive/Documents/Notebooks" the files have started to show up again online in two sections of the Outlook dept.: OneDrive and OneNote.
    At least the green icon is indicating a sync in progress.

But, OneNote Windows 10 version (no idea where it stores or backs-up its files on the desktop) says "...file was moved... can't access the file..."

Weird!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Related Threads
Solved desktop themes syncing in General Support
Some time in the distant past I had a desktop theme (background) that has apparently been set to sync. Now, with my new RAID 0 setup and clean install.....I keep getting this theme/background picture popping up.Then I go through the process of...
How to Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. Dropbox is a home for...
Hello all. Just lately I am getting completely random appearances on my desktop of the Microsoft OneNote program. I booted up today and there it was on my desktop. I was away and the screensaver had kicked in. (MS Onenote 2010) Seems to...
Solved OneNote app and desktop and quick notes in Microsoft Office and 365
I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus...
Hi all Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be made to automatically change on your other devices. Regards Josh
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd