Windows 10: Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers

1.    09 Apr 2018 #1

Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers

I've been getting this "Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers" recently, maybe once a week for 2 or 3 weeks, not exactly sure. I don't know why I need it. Is it related to Microsoft Office 365?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	184067

I've been using Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 for about a year w/o the above showing up until recently as mention.

In Programs and Features, I have
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CP Microsoft Office.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	184068

Both items seem to be kept up-to-date with each other.
    If I uninstall Microsoft Office 365 would that cause any problems?
    --- If I have to live with it, I will but on my Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 I don't sync or share anything
    Last edited by MeAndMyComputer; 10 Apr 2018 at 09:12.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

2. Posts : 4,975
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       09 Apr 2018 #2

My latest Office is 2013 and don't see that but it appears to be the same as or similar to FTP/File Transfer Protocal programs in uploading new or edited files to a server hosting a Domain. An example of a Domain will be this one Windows 10 Help Forums, http://www.amazon.com, DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD. and any number of government sites using .gov, educational sites using .edu, etc. If you don't have that need you might be able to turn it off in that window, uncheck everything or maybe in Options, Settings, Preferences, etc.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    10 Apr 2018 #3

I forgot to mention in my opening post, those are not popups I'm getting. What I get is a red icon in my taskbar and when I open it to see what it's for, that's what I get. Thank you for your information Berton. I'm not sure if it apples to me but maybe it does and I don't know it. Since there isn't any harm with what's going on, I'll live with it for the time being. With the upcoming 1803 update not too far in the future, it will be interesting to see if what I'm getting continues.
      My ComputersSystem Spec