Windows 10: Searching for "Word 2016" gives unrecognised apps

1.    04 Apr 2018 #1

Searching for "Word 2016" gives unrecognised apps

Hi I have installed Office recently. Some of the shortcut when I searched for it giving unrecongized shortcut. I can't click or right click on it. I can't find this shortcut on WindowsApps folder either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57bcadb5-7c18-4b0b-901c-fd0377b3c856.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	292.5 KB 
ID:	183391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33145e00-58a6-4e8c-aa21-c43cdd2156b7.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	183392

My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    04 Apr 2018 #2

In the Alphabetical apps on the left banner, scroll down to the W's and click on Word. If you would like to create a shortcut tile on your desktop, drag Word to the desktop, If you just added Microsoft Office, Windows might not have had a chance to index the location. Once you search has indexed Word and the rest of the Office Suite, it will give the correct results
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    05 Apr 2018 #3

spunk said: View Post
    In the Alphabetical apps on the left banner, scroll down to the W's and click on Word. If you would like to create a shortcut tile on your desktop, drag Word to the desktop, If you just added Microsoft Office, Windows might not have had a chance to index the location. Once you search has indexed Word and the rest of the Office Suite, it will give the correct results

Ok I have go back to alphabatical apps and i clicked word it opened up. But it is still giving broken shortcut. Here is my indexing settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	183520
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4. Posts : 6,692
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       05 Apr 2018 #4

Something is clearly not right, I think I'd start by doing a repair - Repair an Office application - Office Support
      My ComputersSystem Spec