Windows 10: Outlook 2016 How to clear old names when enterinh email address Solved

1.    27 Mar 2018 #1

Outlook 2016 How to clear old names when enterinh email address

Hi there

Is there a Cache or some command that can clear the memory or wherever Outlook stores the email addresses (NOT THE ADDRESS BOOK OR CONTACTS !!!).

For example if you have send an email to say dogsdinners@anywhere.com and later you want to send an email to donaldduck@disbey.com after you've typed in the ist 2 letters you get some of the other entries starting with do including the one you want to get rid of.

Note these are NOT the ones stored in contacts or address book. I can't find any setting to remove / clear these.

Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    27 Mar 2018 #2

You can just click on the "X" when they appear.

I (failed to) send a message to "zzz@zzzz.zzz" and it was added to the auto-complete list (not contacts). You can delete this address by clicking on the X when it appears composing a new message.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	182463

Is that what you mean?

There are instructions for copying the auto-complete list here Import or copy the Auto-Complete List to another computer - Outlook but I don't know about editing it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Related Threads
I imported two .csv files containing my contacts into Outlook 2016. They are now stored in the Contacts Personal Folders, but I cannot make this particular folder the default one for contacts, nor can I get it included in the list of address book...
Hello, We are getting ready to change internet service providers and we will be discontinuing an email address with which we have been receiving POP3 mail for many years. We are already using our new email address, which is a gmail address, with...
I'm going insane, and just spent 35 minutes in chat w/MS, to no avail. :mad: I am on a clean install of Win10, with a new install of Office 365 with Outlook. Earlier today, a MS tech remotely set up my 3 Outlook accounts. Then she tried to...
Windows 10 running Outlook 2016. When I did a fresh install I set up 3 email address and added my .csv files of contacts and calendar form prior install. I did not pay attention and Outlook 2016 assigned them to an email address I now wish to get...
Solved Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email in Microsoft Office and 365
I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd