Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

1. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro

Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in Send-to mail recipient feature doing nothing when used. He also has trouble opening .msg files. I have tried everything under the sun to fix this with the exception of just wiping the computer and starting from scratch. Everything I have tried is below. Does anyone have any other potential solutions or has anyone encountered this issue before?

I have tried:
    System restore
    Registry edits
    Uninstalling/Reinstalling Office
    Installing a different version of Outlook (2013)
    Repairing Office (Quick and Online)
    This PC is on a domain so I created a whole new user (copied from his current one) and added it to the computer. At first it was fine but eventually the same exact thing happened
    Ran sfc scan...found no errors
      My Computer

2. Posts : 30,192
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 23H2

Hi dlambert93. Welcome to the TenForums @dlambert93

I see you "copied from his current one" when you made new user.

Not sure how fast this issue occurs but have you tried just making a new user and seeing if the issue occurs?

If it does occur then I would be inclined to blow away install. If it doesn't occur then I would suggest the issue is within their profile.
      My Computer