Windows 10: Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote Solved

1.    4 Weeks Ago #1

Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote

Hello all, did some searching for this here and online and came to some solutions close to what I am experiencing, but not on target and would appreciate some help.

I have downloaded a OneNote file that I would like to open and am having trouble with it. Every time I try I get the message:

"Currently you can only create notebooks on OneDrive. Activate Office 360 subscription for more notebook options."

The file is a 'Microsoft OneNote Single File Package' and I have tried to open it in OneNote 2016, the Windows 10 app, and online. I tried uploading the files to my OneDrive, but am unable to open them in any way.

My work gives me access to the Microsoft products I believe and I am logged into my work account on all programs and online. On OneNote 2016 it says that my product is activated.

I am new to the newer version of Microsoft programs and have not used OneDrive or OneNote before. I'd appreciate any guidance you can give! Thanks!

**Edit: I figured this out with a bit more playing around. I had downloaded the wrong version of the program from my company. My apologies!
    Last edited by Aemon; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:20.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    4 Weeks Ago #2

Please mark this thread solved (check the green checkmark in the button for this thread at the top of the window) so others can benefit from your insight, and the solution you found. TIA,
    --Ed--

PS: looks like this: ​Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	181216
      My ComputersSystem Spec

3.    4 Weeks Ago #3

Thanks for the help with that!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4.    4 Weeks Ago #4

You're welcome. Over time, the local GUI will feel like second nature. Keep up the good work!
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec