Windows 10: Tip - How to Set Outlook 2016 Message Default Zoom Level

1. Posts : 2,472
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       01 Mar 2018 #1

Tip - How to Set Outlook 2016 Message Default Zoom Level

I installed Outlook 2016 a while ago and have been dissatisfied with the message font size set to 100% whereas I need 150-200% to read messages comfortably when double clicking on them. There is no obvious way to change this in the Outlook settings.

I discovered you can write a macro to enable Outlook 2016 to expand the message text size automatically when you double clock a message by the method here http://mattpilz.com/how-to-increase-...-outlook-2016/

Implement the option The Right and Automated Way to Zoom Messages

This method works fine for me. Note on my installation the required file selfcert.exe was in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 ​The same method with minor changes also works on my laptop having Outlook 2010
    Last edited by Steve C; 01 Mar 2018 at 10:29.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

Related Threads
How to Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best. ...
Hello: Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically, by default, add the people I send e-mails to using Outlook 2016 into the contacts list? I know that some other e-mail clients have a way to do this, but I have not discovered it yet in...
Solved Photo/WPV default zoom level in Software and Apps
Photo/WPV default zoom level Hello guys, I wish I could set the default zoom level of my default photo viewer (I can choose Photo app or Windows Photo Viewer or some third program too). I want the default program to be able to open/switch within...
Photo/WPV default zoom level in General Support
Wrong section of the forum. Please delete this thread. I can't figure out how to do it myself. I re-posted on the correct section. Thanks.
edge zoom level in Browsers and Email
So ive sacked firefox off for a bit and started to give Edge a try , so far so good except for the zoom , minimum seems to be 125% its too big is there any kind of witchcraft that will enable 110% for example?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd