Windows 10: Can not get Office 2016 home to install Solved

1.    26 Feb 2018 #1

Can not get Office 2016 home to install

I have 2 PCs. One let me load Office just fine. MS really seems to want you to use a MS ID so I used one of my email addresses. I am on the current release of Win 10 on both PCs. All reasonably new processors.

The second PC however is an install from Hell.

It has been a couple of weeks since I tried this, so my recollection may not be linear. BUt I will detail results.

I tried signing on with the same email address as the other PC. I don't think it cared for that. Apparently they require multiple applications to be tied to multiple user IDs. So I used another of my email addresses. MS then changed the ID to my other email addr on my other machine.

Downloaded Office. Intending to get 64bit. It said it could not install because I already had a 32 bit version installed. I looked at the list of installed applications and there were both 32 and 64 bit installed. I removed both version.

Tried again from the start. Now says I am using an unsupported OS and quits.

I have spent hours attempting to get MS help. It just has me going around in circles. I select help and it most frequently sends me to a page to buy Office. I tried the little robot helper several times. Never a viable solution. Twice I tried to "get a human". First time I watched the little dots run across the screen for 1/2 and hour. Next time 2 hours. Zero.

No idea how to fix it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    26 Feb 2018 #2

I don’t know if you have tried the following tool but it usually works.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-2fdf5dbf61d8
      My ComputerSystem Spec