Windows 10: Newish User to Office 365--System Clean install Question Solved

1. Posts : 622
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 17134.137
       25 Feb 2018 #1

Newish User to Office 365--System Clean install Question

HI All

Debating on doing a clean install when Redstone 4 releases, as a first time user of Office 365, I was wondering if i'd have to deactivate that before I do the clean install, or just do the clean install in the future, and then reinstall it, and all set

I might need to do a clean install when Redstone 4 final based on last few months I've been switching between Avast and Windows Defender for security more than I should be, as I can't fully decide which one to stick with lol, hopefully I finally picked 1 to stay with, and I don't switch no more
      My ComputersSystem Spec

2.    25 Feb 2018 #2

If your motherboard is the same, you won't need to deactivate it. You can just install then sign in and it'll automatically activate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3. Posts : 622
       25 Feb 2018 #3

Yeah Motherboard the same, Processor same, only thing upgrading soon is Power supply on the Desktop, Just new to using Office 365 lol so I figured i'd better ask lol just to be sure
      My ComputersSystem Spec

4. Posts : 992
    Windows 7/64 Professional
       25 Feb 2018 #4

Microsoft doesn't know or care what power supply is in use.

Jack
      My ComputersSystem Spec

5. Posts : 622
       25 Feb 2018 #5

Oh ok then I had nothing to worry on after all, swear worry too much
      My ComputersSystem Spec

6. Posts : 4,963
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       25 Feb 2018 #6

I did a new install of Office 365 just on Thursday [on a different/new to them computer] and all that was needed was their E-Mail with the details and link to download followed by the install, went pretty good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

7. Posts : 622
       25 Feb 2018 #7

Oh Excellent, relaxes now, sometimes I do panic for nothing lol, but guess doesn't hurt to ask to make sure either
      My ComputersSystem Spec