Windows 10: Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks?

1. Posts : 16
    Windows 7Pro; Windows 10Pro
       24 Feb 2018 #1

Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks?

I am moving to a new computer w win 10Pro OS. I am moving from a win 7Pro OS.

Will my Office 2007 suite be installed in win 10 in the same location as it was in win 7?

Is the file hierarchy identical to win7?

The reason I ask: I will be reinstalling my old Office 2007 suite with it's version of OneNote. My notebooks were created using this version of OneNote. I use Carbonite to backup my files. There is a process with Carbonite where I can restore my files to a new computer but I don't know if it automatically restores the files in the same place as they were in win7, or if I must direct the files to a new location. Don't want to arrive at that possible decision and not know what to do.

I also see mention of a version of OneNote that comes preinstalled with win 10? Will these two MS same type apps conflict with each other?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2. Posts : 5,152
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       24 Feb 2018 #2

I just checked one of my Win10 computers that DOES NOT have Microsoft Office installed and it does indeed include OneNote [still says Office on the opening screen just above OneNote]. It is listed in the O section of the Start menu. On my main computer with Office 2013 I have 2 icons for OneNote, the one that came with Office is in the M section and Microsoft Office while the other is in the O section. Looking at the application version number shows Version 15 for the Office 2013 suite and Version 17 for what came with Win10. I don't use OneNote so can't say if there's conflicts with files.
      My ComputerSystem Spec