Windows 10: EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point

1.    27 Jan 2018 #1

EXCEL uses (any version) change format from dec comma to dec point

Hi there

I've got a simple question used to do it in my head - but forgotten.

A piece of software is blowing up because when reading an uploaded excel file it's not interpreting my numbers correctly -- I've got say 424,94 USD which in the UK should be written as 424.94 and for bigger amounts for example 190.293,51 should be 190,293.51 The application is terminating with Number convert !!.

The application software is reading file as a CSV file -- that's not a problem - it's the number format of the decimal fields.

I don't want to edit the whole thing line by line -- is there a quick way of editing this -- also I don't want to change EXCEL so it always uses UK/US data format -- just want to change the 2 columns in the spreadsheet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	excel.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	174383

Thanks

Cheers
    jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    27 Jan 2018 #2

Click column header and do find and replace operating on all cells in that column?

Indeed if I click one column header, and CTRL click the other, I have 2 columns selected - as you have- and can do just one replace operation. (Hint- I use WPS office not EXCEL)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    27 Jan 2018 #3

Yup.. can do w/o formatting...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	174390
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4.    27 Jan 2018 #4

Have you changed your LOCALE setting?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

5.    27 Jan 2018 #5

margrave55 said: View Post
    Have you changed your LOCALE setting?
    Hi there

this is a one off so I don't want to do that
    @Superfly --that's the solution

Changed to TEXT, did the edit in a few steps -- changed the '.' to something like '@', changed the ',' to '.', removed the '@' to nothing' (not space but null) and then all fine as then I rest thing to NUM and software loaded into target file on the work application server.

Thanks

Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec