Windows 10: Microsoft office enterprise 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    14 Jan 2018 #1

Microsoft office enterprise 7

I have a cd with a large ammount of cemetery records for browsing.Using Excell I just used to click on the record
    I wanted and it came up on the screen.For some reason now,I get a dialogue box with stdole32.tlb.When I click this
    it says "please wait while setup configures the necessary files for Microsoft office enterprise 7".This takes an age to complete,
    what is Microsoft enterprise 7 in regard to Excell? Is there any way to revert back to how it was?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    14 Jan 2018 #2

There is no such thing as '' Microsoft Office Enterprise 7''. Please check your installed version of Office and reply here.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

3.    14 Jan 2018 #3

There is "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007" though - perhaps you have that?

If so you can get rid of the stdole32.tlb error as described here: stdole32.tlb in Excel - Microsoft Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       14 Jan 2018 #4

There was a Microsoft Office 95 suite that had Version 7 for the included applications. Office 2016 is the first to have the same Version number of 16 for the applications.
    Microsoft Office - Wikipedia
      My ComputerSystem Spec

5.    14 Jan 2018 #5

Berton said: View Post
    There was a Microsoft Office 95 suite that had Version 7 for the included applications. Office 2016 is the first to have the same Version number of 16 for the applications.
    Microsoft Office - Wikipedia
    That would not install on any modern operating system though....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       14 Jan 2018 #6

enigma101 said: View Post
    Never know but it shouldn't although I have Office 2000 running on a Notebook.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       14 Jan 2018 #7

enigma101 said: View Post
    Berton said: View Post
    Never know but it shouldn't although I have Office 2000 running on a Notebook.
    Actually, Office '95 can run in Windows 10... well... if you're Microsoft’s Gabe Aul that is...

What about older versions of the suite though, such as Office 2000, Office XP (2002) and Office 2003?
    Recently I came across an article by noted Windows extraordinaire Paul Thurrott discussing a recent Twitter tease from Gabe Aul (Engineering General Manager for Data and Fundamentals team in Microsoft's Operating Systems Group) showing a vintage version of the suite; Office for Windows 95 running on Windows 10....

...With a volume of questions on the Windows 10 Reservation forum asking whether their Office 2000, 2003 or XP version is compatible; I decided to do so some test for users who would like to know. So, I went in the garage and looked for those exact copies to try them out on Windows 10....

Conclusion
    This was not a thorough test, apps like FrontPage or OneNote were not evaluated. Core apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher work just fine on Windows 10. By the way, I used Windows 10 64 bit...
    Microsoft | Forum Article | A look at running older versions of Microsoft Office on Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

8.    15 Jan 2018 #8

I have found the installation CD which says Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise edition.
    Thanks for the replies,I`ll see what I can do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

9.    15 Jan 2018 #9

Then this method is worth a try I think - it worked for 323 people with Office 2007 so far...

1 Go to Run (press Windows+R key on the keyboard simultaneously) and type regedit
    2 Navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Excel.Chart.8
    3 Right Click on key and select Permissions
    4 In the Permission windows > click on Add tab and add Everyone
    5 Once this is done, click on the Advanced tab > Owner > highlight Everyone > click on Apply and Ok
    6 In the Permission > select Everyone > enable the check box for Full Control and Read then click on Apply and Ok
    7 Click on F5 to refresh, this should create a new Sub key below Excel.Chart.8 called Protocol > right click on the key and repeat step 3 – 5.
    8 Refresh again and follow the same sequence of steps to add permission to the following Sub keys StdFileEditing >Server.
    9 Close the registry editor.

stdole32.tlb in Excel - Microsoft Community

It is this part of the registry (just for clarity)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	172727

Best of luck :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

10.    16 Jan 2018 #10

Hi there

another solution if you have old version of W7/Vista/XP run one of these OS'es as a Virtual machine then Office 2007 enterprise will install and run without any problems.

I'm often amazed how people go through all sorts hoops to get legacy apps to run on a modern OS - when these sorts of apps would run so easily on a Virtual machine. Virtual machines run so easy these days and modern (or even quite oldish) hardware will run these very efficiently. You avoid dual booting too.

Running legacy apps is absolutely one of the best benefits of using VM's. There are a load of other ones too but legacy apps are a doddle on VM's.

Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast