1.    05 Jan 2018 #1

Entering row in Excel - error

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	excelrow.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	171037

Hello all,

So I'm trying to put together a table in Excel which i managed to do, however I need insert 3 lines at the top of the table(above the head of the tabel), but Excel won't allow it. Is anybody familiar with this sort of error? I've been browsing online but couldn't get a clear answer. Please find attachment to see what is says in the pop-up

Many thanks
    Mihaela
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    05 Jan 2018 #2

How many rows of the spreadsheet are you using? If every row has something in it, then you can't have any more rows. My version of Excel has 1,048,576 rows in a spreadsheet and I've never filled one.

If you go to the last row you think you are using and delete every row below that (if there are any), you should then be able to insert rows at the top.

Which version of Excel are you in? I think Excel 2003 and earlier only had 65536 rows available.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3. Posts : 6,437
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       05 Jan 2018 #3

Word Man said: View Post
    If you go to the last row you think you are using...
    In Excel the Ctrl+End key combination will take you to the last cell in the last row that you are actually using. You may have inadvertently put something in a row far beyond what you think you are using.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

Related Threads
Hi there Trying to download data from web into a spreadsheet I keep getting Script Error. This worked perfectly in EXCEL 2010 (and still does). Get external data -->web The query simply takes the components of the London FTSE 100 (like the...
The full error reads: There was a problem sending the command to the program. This is actually an older Excel problem that appears to have returned with my upgrading to Windows 10. This error is presented whenever I try to open any excel file...
BSOD when entering sleep in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Starting getting this BSOD since updating to the anniversary update. New computer built 3 weeks ago was fine until then. Only happens when entering sleep. Any help would be much appreciated! 94970
Office problem with entering key in Microsoft Office and 365
I have an old pro 2003 Office program disk that I have used on several computers and versions of windows. I had it working on my new computer but had to do a reboot and now when I try to reinstall Office it tells me that I entered the wrong key. I...
Lagging on startup after entering password in Performance & Maintenance
So lately I've been noticing that when I turn on my laptop, I get to the screen where I enter my PIN in the same amount of time as usual, but after I enter it, I'm seeing the spinning circle for a lot longer before being brought to the desktop. I've...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd