Matt Siegel said:
I am trying to reinstall office 2010 back onto my system and no matter what i do I cant get it to install. Ive tried using revo uninstaller to uninstall it completely; that didnt work; Ive tried using remove programs; that didnt work and ive tried a number of other things to get this resolved; but nothing has. Now; Im a computer nerd and have been for 30+ years; but this one has me stumped. Please assist me. Thanks Matt.
If you do a clean install of win 10 1803 make sure you install your version of office 2010 or 2016 ETC. before installing 2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for X64-based Systems (KB4343909).
If you have already added the update then go to settings Windows Update View Update History now click on the blue text link Uninstall Updates select the Update KB4343909 and click on Uninstall.
Restart the PC and try installing office it should work now. P.S. I switched off Windows Update service during the install just to be sure. good Luck and i hope this works for you.