Enable spell check


  1. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
       #1

    Enable spell check


    Hi,

    i have English version of Windows 10 installed. I want to enable spell check (proofing) in Microsoft Word. If I install language pack from "region and language" settings (Croatian language, default language) will it "translate" windows from English to Croatian?

    Thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 27,216
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #2

    Hi juuki and welcome to Ten forums!

    Proofing in MS Word (Office) is independent from Windows proofing. You can download proofing languages from Microsoft, but method is dependent on version.

    For Office 2016, 2010 and 2003 you can download necessary files from here:

    support.office.com | Language-Accessory-Pack-for-Office



    For other apps in Windows 10, enable spelling in Settings. You can also download language pack (and change Windows language in Croatian).

    Post back what you want and we'll point you to tutorials here

    tutorials | language-add-remove-change-windows-10

    Spelling tutorials | turn-off-spell-checking-windows-10
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #3

    I want install and enable proofing for MS Word (Office) as the proofing for other apps in Windows 10.

    If i install language pack for Office will it translate Office from English to Croatian?

    Spelling in windows settings is enabled (
    Settings-Devices-Typing all turned ON). But it does not work. I tested it in notepad.
    In Chrome proofing is working because it is installed and enabled with Chrome settings.

    My question is do i need to install language pack to make proofing work and if i install language pack will it translate windows from English to Croatian?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 27,216
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #4

    juuki said:
    I want install and enable proofing for MS Word (Office) as the proofing for other apps in Windows 10.

    If i install language pack for Office will it translate Office from English to Croatian?

    Spelling in windows settings is enabled (
    Settings-Devices-Typing all turned ON). But it does not work. I tested it in notepad.
    In Chrome proofing is working because it is installed and enabled with Chrome settings.

    My question is do i need to install language pack to make proofing work and if i install language pack will it translate windows from English to Croatian?
    You can do all of the above.

    After you install desired language pack, you can set display language and proofing language. Set this in Options (Open Word, select file and then
    click on Options. You'll see a windows like in the picture below...

    For Windows spell checking - it only works in few apps (Edge, Mail, and some apps, which you get from Store). No spell checking in Notepad and older type of apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enable spell check-2018_01_03_08_58_161.png  
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Thanks for explanation. In this case i will only install language pack for Office.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 27,216
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #6

    juuki said:
    Thanks for explanation. In this case i will only install language pack for Office.
    About Windows language... switching between languages is really quick and simple..

    One general comment... before any major update or change, make a system backup (Macrium reflect free is great and quick)
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #7

    AndreTen said:
    One general comment... before any major update or change, make a system backup (Macrium reflect free is great and quick)
    Thanks for advice, i will try it definitely.
    And one more thanks for explaining how language pack works!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:50.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums