Windows 10: Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file

1.    28 Dec 2017 #1

Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file

When I attempt to open an Office 2013 document, the correct app starts with a blank document instead of the document I clicked on. If I attempt to open the document within the office app (File > Open), I get a blank document. I have done an Office 2013 repair, re-associated by file-type, and re-associated by application. The correct office app icons appear in Explorer.

This problem is with all Office 2013 applications, except Outlook. The problem does not appear with non-office file-types or apps, for example; clicking on a PDF file opens adobe reader with that file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    31 Dec 2017 #2

Type in the run Winword /safe then try to open your file
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Related Threads
I changed OneDrive properties and now all Office apps crash on file open/save browsing. My family and I were confused between OneDrive and the Documents library in our recent install of Office 365 Office 2016. Sometimes we saved to OneDrive when...
Dear Tenforums users, Since a few weeks I found myself unable to open any documents (Word, Powerpoint) from the 'Recent files list' in my office applications. Everytime I try to open it, I get the message: "The item you selected is unavailable....
Not sure if this is an annoying bug that everyone knows about by now, but I'm hoping there's a setting or registry value I've overlooked. Here is how to reproduce and some loverly pictures. 1. Open File Explorer to a folder with multiple files...
Hi I am not able to open any office or pdf file. It says o*c0000005 not able to start. WHat to do
I've been using MSOffice Word for quite some time. I want to switch over to Open Office Writer. Can I save a file that I make in Writer with an docx file extinsion? If not, since I have dozens of files with the docx externsion, which is the best one...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd