Office/Word not working

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Posts : 90
    Windows 10

Office/Word not working

When I originally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the Microsoft Office/Word I had with Windows 7 continued to work with Windows 10. But then I did a clean install of Windows 10, after which I added the Microsoft Office which I had stored on a thumb drive. When I added it, I put it into the program files.

When I try to launch/open Word, I get a rectangular window saying the system is not compatible. How is it that it was working after I did the upgrade, but now that I've done a clean install it's not?
      My Computer

2. Posts : 7,871
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

You have to install MS Office using the installer file supplied by MS.
      My Computers

3. Posts : 90
    Windows 10

Steve C said:
    You have to install MS Office using the installer file supplied by MS.
    Thanks for your reply:

How/where do I get the installer file from?
      My Computer

4. Posts : 7,871
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

What version of Office? Just Google the Office version + download and you should find a genuine MS download link where you insert your lcnce key to obtain the file. Also see https://heidoc.net/joomla/technology...-download-tool. The tool uses MS servers.
      My Computers

5. Posts : 90
    Windows 10

Steve C said:
    What version of Office? Just Google the Office version + download and you should find a genuine MS download link where you insert your lcnce key to obtain the file. Also see https://heidoc.net/joomla/technology...-download-tool. The tool uses MS servers.
    The Properties window shows: 2007 Microsoft Office, It was downloaded from a CUNY college as a Student version.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 7,871
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

EQueens123 said:
    The Properties window shows: 2007 Microsoft Office, It was downloaded from a CUNY college as a Student version.
    The tool at heidoc.net I mentioned offers an Office 2007 download. The MS link seems to be this one https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...ownload/office

See the Software & Apps section on this forum since some people have been having problems with Office 2007 running in Windows 10.
      My Computers

7. Posts : 90
    Windows 10

Steve C said:
    The tool at heidoc.net I mentioned offers an Office 2007 download. The MS link seems to be this one https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...ownload/office

See the Software & Apps section on this forum since some people have been having problems with Office 2007 running in Windows 10.
    I thought this was the Software & Apps sec. I have seen the numerious post of pros & cons using Office 2007 with W10. I have seen fixes, just was not sure what the fixes were. Still do not understand why Office 2007 worked after I updated to W10, but not after I did the clean install of W10?
      My Computer

8. Posts : 90
    Windows 10

I thought the Key code from the bottom of my Dell laptop was required for the verification, but as Office 2007 did not come pre-loaded in the laptop that Key does not work. Office 2007 was downloaded from the CUNY web site as a Student version back in 2013/14 and we do not have an email receipt from CUNY. So, unless there is another method??
      My Computer

9. Posts : 90
    Windows 10

I have Office 2010 on a DVD-RW, but no KEY code - is there anyway I can get a Key code cheap?
      My Computer

10. Posts : 7,871
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

EQueens123 said:
    I have Office 2010 on a DVD-RW, but no KEY code - is there anyway I can get a Key code cheap?
    You are stuffed without a key! Try Amazon or eBay for a cheap key since you can easily get your money back if it doesn't work. I recently bought an Office 2016 key from Amazon UK for £7 which works fine. Contact the retailer before you buy to confirm that the key works with the Office installation file downloaded from the MS server. Merry Xmas!
      My Computers