Windows 10: Office/Word not working

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    25 Dec 2017 #11

Steve C said: View Post
    You are stuffed without a key! Try Amazon or eBay for a cheap key since you can easily get your money back if it doesn't work. I recently bought an Office 2016 key from Amazon UK for 7 which works fine. Contact the retailer before you buy to confirm that the key works with the Office installation file downloaded from the MS server. Merry Xmas!
    Thanks for your reply and a very merry Xmas to you also. I have tried several Google searches for Office 2010 Keys have came up with sites that advertise them for free with links, but the links take you know where, I will try your idea and see what happens.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2. Posts : 4,475
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       25 Dec 2017 #12

A couple of things I didn't see mentioned, one is that getting software through an education institution or through a company will usually not accept the same Product Key as Retail/Upgrade versions. Another issue is that Office 2010 was the first version to be offered as either 32-bit or 64-bit. The 64-bit version installs only on a 64-bit computer running the 64-bit version of Windows and installs in the C:\Program Files Folder. The 32-bit version of programs will install on 64-bit computers but in the C:\Program Files (x86) Folder which exists only on 64-bit versions of Windows. A 32-bit version of WIndows has only the C:\Program Files Folder.

In a number of my clients' new computers without a bundled office-type program [where money issues are involved] I install the free LibreOffice, does nearly everything Microsoft Office does but has no comparable E-Mail Client for Outlook. It also works with more file formats than OpenOffice. Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    25 Dec 2017 #13

Berton said: View Post
    A couple of things I didn't see mentioned, one is that getting software through an education institution or through a company will usually not accept the same Product Key as Retail/Upgrade versions. Another issue is that Office 2010 was the first version to be offered as either 32-bit or 64-bit. The 64-bit version installs only on a 64-bit computer running the 64-bit version of Windows and installs in the C:\Program Files Folder. The 32-bit version of programs will install on 64-bit computers but in the C:\Program Files (x86) Folder which exists only on 64-bit versions of Windows. A 32-bit version of WIndows has only the C:\Program Files Folder.

In a number of my clients' new computers without a bundled office-type program [where money issues are involved] I install the free LibreOffice, does nearly everything Microsoft Office does but has no comparable E-Mail Client for Outlook. It also works with more file formats than OpenOffice. Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People
    I thank you very much for the additional info, I have been looking at Ebay for Office 2010 Key codes. But all I've found are sales for digital links. I have a copy of Office 10 on a DVD-RW and it seems to work with W10, it gets to the window asking for the Key code. I am not at all familiar with how this works - I know the Key code is a set of 25 characters, so I'm not at all sure of what a digital link would be and how it would be a match for the copy I have. If what I would be paying for is for a seller to send me an email with a Key code listed, but there must be thousands of Key codes, how do I get one that matches?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12