Windows 10: Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format Solved

1.    19 Dec 2017 #1

Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

Hi All,

I have a question related to one I posed earlier tonight - and which may solve the problem.

I have several folders which contain thousands of documents which I converted from WordPerfect to Word Document format. How would I change each of the thousands of files in the folders from Word Document format to Word 97-2003 format in one fell swoop? Right now it seems like I can do them only one at a time by going into each document, and changing the file format under "Export" in the "File" drop-down menu. Of course, doing them one by one is not feasible. When I select all there is no export or change format option...

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       19 Dec 2017 #2

Hi Steve. Welcome to the TenForums @SteveRA

I did a searched for "Batch Convert docx to doc word"

There are tools. Below is one. I have NOT used this tool, I'm providing as a beginning point of your search. These folks want $39.

As with all things downloaded please run a scan before installing.

https://www.extendoffice.com/product...cx-to-doc.html

Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    19 Dec 2017 #3

Hi Mark - thanks, but problem solved - Doxillion Document Converter : )
      My ComputerSystem Spec