Windows 10: Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon

1.    17 Dec 2017 #1

Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon

Not strictly a Windows 10 question, but does anyone know how to remove the Office 2016 'Tell me what you want to do' option from the ribbon?

Thanks

Mr Morgan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2. Posts : 6,897
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1709
       18 Dec 2017 #2

Hi Mr Morgan.

Not the answer you wanted...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2b9d199?auth=1

Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    18 Dec 2017 #3

Thanks. I saw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2b9d199?auth=1 yesterday. It seems that 'Tell me what you want to do' is not liked by the respondents!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4. Posts : 6,897
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1709
       18 Dec 2017 #4

I think we all want to be able to customize everything and as everything is virtual we expect it can be done. That said the vendors are saying why should I build all this functionality into every aspect, no one will pay the final cost and will move to cheaper products.

I hear you though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Related Threads
Hi there! Well, after reseting the PC to factory settings and reinstalled my drivers, I'm encountering a nasty problem... I?m just unable to install office 2016 in Windows 10, just when it's about to finish, stops, reverts all and says there was...
Hello Everyone, I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync. ...
Remove Onedrive -Personal from Office 2016? in Microsoft Office and 365
Does anyone know how to remove it as a save place or at least as the default save as place? I lose track of more files that way. When in a hurry I think I am saving to documents and I end up saving to onedrive. I have removed it from file...
Anyone know the software that'll change the top editing ribbon in Microsoft Office to the old fashioned Drop down menus that were present in old versions of Office? I used this once, but forgot the name. Thanks
Hi there Is there any setting where I can set the MINIMIZED ribbon to default. It's no real pain to press CTRL+F1 but I'd rather have the apps start with the minimized ribbon. Cheers jimbo
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd