Windows 10: Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Dec 2017 #1

Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Loads of ms apps updated today, one of them ‘get office’. Now have two entries of ‘my office’ in start menu. How can I get rid of / hide one. One does nothing, the other launches it as normal. I tried right click uninstall on the one that does nothing but it doesn’t do anything. Looks a bit lame.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    14 Dec 2017 #2

Scottyboy99 said: View Post
    Loads of ms apps updated today, one of them ‘get office’. Now have two entries of ‘my office’ in start menu. How can I get rid of / hide one. One does nothing, the other launches it as normal. I tried right click uninstall on the one that does nothing but it doesn’t do anything. Looks a bit lame.
    Can you go into the hidden folder and delete the non-working one manually?
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
      My ComputerSystem Spec

3.    14 Dec 2017 #3

Unfortunately that only works for traditional programs or shortcuts. For modern apps or windows native/store driven apps they don’t appear in here. I even checked the users .... roaming start menu folder and no modern apps show up in here either. There seems to be no way to deal with this

cheers, Wayne
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4.    14 Dec 2017 #4

Unfortunately that only works for traditional programs or shortcuts. For modern apps or windows native/store driven apps they don’t appear in here. I even checked the users .... roaming start menu folder and no modern apps show up in here either. There seems to be no way to deal with this

cheers, Wayne
    Ugh, you're right - I just noticed that.
    They do show up in Ccleaner. You can delete the non-working one from there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

5.    14 Dec 2017 #5

Ah ok. Thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

6.    14 Dec 2017 #6

Ah ok. Thank you
    Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

7.    14 Dec 2017 #7

I will try the ccleaner as a last resort but I have tweeted Microsoft helps and it seems a widespread thing. So I think the onus is on them to address it. Just seen the same on my brother’s pc. Am a little way of ccleaner and using it. I wonder if a line in the registry can just be removed / edited to get the rid of the duplicate. It’s essentially dead as clicking on it does nothing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

8.    14 Dec 2017 #8

Ok, tried ccleaner looking under tools to uninstall the extra one and annoyingly ‘my office’ only listed once here. So no fix there. Unless there is something in else within cleaner than can edit the start menu?

Ms really needs to address this.
    Last edited by Scottyboy99; 15 Dec 2017 at 01:59.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

9.    15 Dec 2017 #9

Same issue here, it's really annoying
      My ComputerSystem Spec

10.    15 Dec 2017 #10

Yeah, it's really frustrating me. Looks so unprofessional. I have tweeted both @Microsofthelps and also @brandonleblanc on this issue. Maybe to add momentum to this you wouldn't mind doing the same? Brandon is the senior program manager @ MS so maybe can make ourselves heard.

So far I have observed this on numerous machines. Our home computers, on my brother's and all the machines I've now seen at work this monring. So it's very widespread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast