Windows 10: Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    22 Dec 2017 #21

I noticed today the duplicate dead ‘my office’ has vanished. Not sure how and why. There was no new update to the app via the store. I looked at our other pc and it’s gone from there too . It was irritating me to see the duplication so am pleased it’s gone but puzzled as to how it’s happened
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
       22 Dec 2017 #22

Naturally I still have both of them. I try not to think about it. After a reboot maybe for you? Not so here. Maybe tomorrow ...

Hope your Christmas is all it should be @Scottyboy99.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

3.    22 Dec 2017 #23

cheers mate. I had rebooted many times prior to this so not sure why its occurred. A Merry Christmas to you too and to all the good people that frequent the forum helping eachother out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

4.    25 Dec 2017 #24

Guess this isn't solved. I still see the duplicate MY OFFICE entries in the start menu on the other user accounts on the pc!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

25 Dec 2017 #25

Can you be sure if this is a bug? Or maybe a feature?

Merry Christmas anyway.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

6.    25 Dec 2017 #26

Not sure, if it’s intended it seems strange indeed as it looks very odd. Guess I’ll try not to think about it like yourself! Doesn’t help my OCD tendencies much

Merry Christmas to you too.

cheers, Wayne
      My ComputerSystem Spec

7. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Ultimate
       25 Dec 2017 #27

Is there a way to at least modify the icon to something different to help us remember which one is dead?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

8.    25 Dec 2017 #28

hugovictorious said: View Post
    Is there a way to at least modify the icon to something different to help us remember which one is dead?
    That would definitely be a good idea. The trouble with these ‘modern’ apps is that there is not much we can do with them. With standard software installs you can manipulate/edit the start menu as to what shows. I’d be much happier to ignore it if it could be renamed/rebadged
      My ComputerSystem Spec

26 Dec 2017 #29

Hey, guess what! Boot up this morning and I have only one occurrence of My Office!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

10.    26 Dec 2017 #30

try using Microsoft store - click the three dots on the right > updates > Update All apps?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast