Windows 10: Black screen after Installation (Error Code 8007002C-4000D)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    30 Jul 2015 #1

    Black screen after Installation (Error Code 8007002C-4000D)


    Hey guys, I've tried downloading and installing Windows 10 via the System Update for the past 24 hours (I've tried it 5 separate times). Every time it gets to 84% overall, and 36% configuring settings, then goes to a black screen with nothing on it (including no cursor) and almost no HDD activity. This has happened all five times. Has anyone else had this problem, and how would you advise to fix it?


    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
    Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
    16gb Ram
    AMD Radeon R9 380 Series
    Single monitor

    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm at wits edge
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    30 Jul 2015 #2

    TeaAddiction said: View Post
    Hey guys, I've tried downloading and installing Windows 10 via the System Update for the past 24 hours (I've tried it 5 separate times). Every time it gets to 84% overall, and 36% configuring settings, then goes to a black screen with nothing on it (including no cursor) and almost no HDD activity. This has happened all five times. Has anyone else had this problem, and how would you advise to fix it?


    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
    Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
    16gb Ram
    AMD Radeon R9 380 Series
    Single monitor

    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm at wits edge
    Hi @TeaAddiction

    Can you access the Event logs and show us the installation errors? You can use > Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums for a quick access guide.

    Can you also paste the contents of a file in "%WINDIR%\WindowsUpdate.log" so we can see where it is failing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    30 Jul 2015 #3

    Windows Sniper said: View Post
    Hi @TeaAddiction

    Can you access the Event logs and show us the installation errors? You can use > Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums for a quick access guide.

    Can you also paste the contents of a file in "%WINDIR%\WindowsUpdate.log" so we can see where it is failing?
    I'm afraid you may have to tell me what I'm looking for. I've never used Event Viewer. I'm on it at the moment, but where am I suppose to be looking (Application, setup, system ect.)? And what would the log be called? Sorry for not knowing this already, I'm not the most advanced windows user in the world :P

    Edit: Sorry it took so long to publish the WindowsUpdate.log my browser kept crashing. So I've uploaded it to here: 2015-07-29 20:11:26:961 1056 1e34 Agent Update {480EE98B-... - justpaste.it Is that okay?
    Last edited by TeaAddiction; 30 Jul 2015 at 07:06.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Jul 2015 #4

    TeaAddiction said: View Post
    I'm afraid you may have to tell me what I'm looking for. I've never used Event Viewer. I'm on it at the moment, but where am I suppose to be looking (Application, setup, system ect.)? And what would the log be called? Sorry for not knowing this already, I'm not the most advanced windows user in the world :P
    That is no problem!

    So, you will want to create a custom view by right clicking on the Custom view, and create custom.

    Change Logged to - "Last 24 hours".
    Event Level - "Error"
    By source - "WindowsUpdateClient"

    Press OK. Then give it a meaningful name, Ok again.

    You should now be presented with something similar to @goatty2's screenshot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26757d1438250921t-upgrade-windows-10-pro-failed-event.jpg 
Views:	7823 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	26787

    From here you will see all the errors related to windows updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    30 Jul 2015 #5

    Okay, sorry it took so long (I had to go to the dentist of all things)

    Here's two screen shots. One of the Event Viewer, and of the Windows Update error page. I know these are two different times, but I couldn't find the error page for the one I did today in the Error search. I'm a little lost.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error 1.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	304.6 KB 
ID:	26825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error 2.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	26826

    Also here's the link for the WindowsUpdate.log file you wanted. 2015-07-29 20:11:26:961 1056 1e34 Agent Update {480EE98B-... - justpaste.it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    30 Jul 2015 #6

    That appears to be a similar issue to others.

    If you follow the steps in > How to fix Windows10 Update Error code 80240020 - Windows 10 Forums



    1) Access this file location C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete everything there. (Note delete only content found there and not the Download folder itself)

    2) Open CMD (command prompt) with run as administrator (admin privileges) and run this command: wuauclt.exe /updatenow
    You will first clear the corrupted files, then force the Updater to re-download the files. Which should then proceed to work!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    30 Jul 2015 #7

    Problem is, I've already tried this more than once. I'll try it once again, but I don't expect it to work. Maybe it will as the servers might be a little less overloaded.

    Thanks for your help
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    30 Jul 2015 #8

    Ok, if you can give me some time to analyze your Update.Log, as i cannot access it at the moment. Hopefully we can come around to fix this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    30 Jul 2015 #9

    Sorry if I seemed snippy. Also I can't seem to delete everything in the Download folder as instructed. There's a folder that seemed to be used in another program, so I can't delete it. However I can delete everything inside the folder (and have done so). I think it might be my "get windows 10" app in my system tray. Got any way to disable it?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error 3.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	26839
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    30 Jul 2015 #10

    TeaAddiction said: View Post
    Sorry if I seemed snippy. Also I can't seem to delete everything in the Download folder as instructed. There's a folder that seemed to be used in another program, so I can't delete it. However I can delete everything inside the folder (and have done so). I think it might be my "get windows 10" app in my system tray. Got any way to disable it?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error 3.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	26839
    A restart should clear any programs from accessing the files. That may even be windows updater downloading still.

    There maybe something in Task manager you could see if there is a service / application running that is access those files that looks related to the upgrade?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Black Screen with error message. in Installation and Upgrade
Just installed Win10 on a Win7 machine. Started it up and walked away. Came back 3hrs later and all that was on the screen was this message: Cannot Display this Video Mode. Optimum Resolution 1280 x 1024 60Hz I can restart the machine and...
Solved Not activated no error code. in Windows Updates and Activation
After spending several hours upgrading one of my machines to run 10 Pro on the metal my PC is not activated. I have 2 machines with Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate and Windows 8 Pro with Media center. I tried to update one and it failed with the same error...
Error code: 0xC004C003 in Installation and Upgrade
hi im getting activation error Error code: 0xC004C003 on my laptop i bought the laptop brand new from argos last year then did windows update and upgraded to windows 8.1 from 8 i have done the upgrade to windows 10 option but im unable to activate...
My computer is stuck at a black screen after installing an Luna theme and using Classic Shell. Any help please and thank you.
Error code: 0xC004C003 in Installation and Upgrade
I recently did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 preview and now I am getting this error Error code: 0xC004C003 Windows is saying that I need to activate it but I do not see how.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:45.
Find Us