Windows 10: ISO of Single Language

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    21 Nov 2017 #21

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    @jimbo45, you seem to be the only one having that problem.
    Hi there

    @NavyLCDR

    I only ever had that problem from yesterday.

    I tested another install on on a VM (also valid with digital licence) using a direct older downloaded ISO (VM can boot from ISO image). Worked fine - prompted for edition etc.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Nov 2017 #22

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there
    @alphanumeric

    The latest MCT can cause problems -- It installs by default HOME edition even if at download time you request the W10 PRO version.

    I was trying yesterday to clean install 5 laptops with W10 PRO (all had valid digital licences).

    It's a pain also to upgrade to correct edition --you have to go unto that wretched store thing (I hate those types of apps !!!) and request edition upgrade. You select W10 Pro but DO NOT enter any credit card number -- When requested for a key enter something like BOL***KS and then it works -- you don't need to pay anything.

    All 5 laptops then clean installed this way with digital licence OK.

    Whatever happened to the older system where at install time you got an option to choose which Windows version to install instead of now having to go through that wretched store -- and what happens if at install time you aren't on the Internet. !!!!!

    Latest upgrade method Ms -- FAIL -- it works but you have to be on the Internet to get your correct edition --otherwise you are lumbered with HOME.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    I'm a bit confused? There is no select Home or Pro for download, its a multi edition? The only option in the drop down is "Windows 10".
    Do any of those PC's have an OEM embedded key? That will override the selection menu and auto install the matching Edition for that key.
    You don't have to go to the store to switch from Home to Pro. Just do a change product key and enter the generic Pro key, VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T If that PC has a Pro DL it should upgrade to Pro.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 Nov 2017 #23

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I'm a bit confused? There is no select Home or Pro for download, its a multi edition? The only option in the drop down is "Windows 10".
    Do any of those PC's have an OEM embedded key? That will override the selection menu and auto install the matching Edition for that key.
    You don't have to go to the store to switch from Home to Pro. Just do a change product key and enter the generic Pro key, VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T If that PC has a Pro DL it should upgrade to Pro.

    Hi there
    @alphanumeric

    It's possible there was an embedded key - I've disabled secure boot in any case since all these machines were upgraded to W10 PRO in any case -- so as you say the install program probably installs the default (what it finds in the BIOS). I still feel that at install time you should be given an option rather than just crack on with the "default". Nearly everybody I know gets rid of Pre-installed Windows with all the bloat and trial ware and does a clean install from a proper retail version or upgrade from W7/W8/W8.1.

    Thanks for your suggestion though -- I'll have a go on another VM - I've got a few more laptops to upgrade today so this will save time as I can do the whole kybosh off line.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Nov 2017 #24

    I've done one clean install with the MCT x86 x64 (both) ISO. Create ISO option. Did the install on my laptop which has an OEM 8.0 Core Key. It ignored that OEM key and prompted for a key. I did the I don't have one and got the menu. I installed Home. Then upgraded to Pro via change product key. It has DL's for Home and Pro. Then did another change key and entered a Pro Workstation (MSDN) key. It checked activation, (verified my key) then upgraded. The only change I noted is it now checks for activation with the new key before it upgrades. In the past it would upgrade, then try to activate. Everything else, other than all Editions on one ISO, is the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Nov 2017 #25

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there
    @alphanumeric

    It's possible there was an embedded key - I've disabled secure boot in any case since all these machines were upgraded to W10 PRO in any case -- so as you say the install program probably installs the default (what it finds in the BIOS). I still feel that at install time you should be given an option rather than just crack on with the "default". Nearly everybody I know gets rid of Pre-installed Windows with all the bloat and trial ware and does a clean install from a proper retail version or upgrade from W7/W8/W8.1.

    Thanks for your suggestion though -- I'll have a go on another VM - I've got a few more laptops to upgrade today so this will save time as I can do the whole kybosh off line.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Totally agree, the OEM key was a pain for me for a while. What I did in the past was put a PID.txt file in the sources folder with the generic Pro key in it. That forced a Pro install. The other option is to add an ei.cfg file. That will get you the selection menu regaurdless of what OEM key is there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    21 Nov 2017 #26

    Why disable secure boot?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Nov 2017 #27

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Totally agree, the OEM key was a pain for me for a while. What I did in the past was put a PID.txt file in the sources folder with the generic Pro key in it. That forced a Pro install. The other option is to add an ei.cfg file. That will get you the selection menu regaurdless of what OEM key is there.
    I still get Home installed on 16299 by default unless I add an ei.cfg file. I tried it on a couple of devices - same. So I do not understand how it is different for you.

    Also, you can no longer use generic key to upgrade from Home to PRO unless pc has a digital PRO licence. If you have a PRO key, you have to click on 'go to store' and under 'Buy PRO'button is a link 'I have a PRO 10 key' that you neded to click to enter key and force upgrade now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    21 Nov 2017 #28

    cereberus said: View Post
    I still get Home installed on 16299 by default unless I add an ei.cfg file. I tried it on a couple of devices - same. So I do not understand how it is different for you.
    Yeah, others have told me their OEM keys are still being read. Mine hasn't been used since the CE? I don't know why? I'm fine with it though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Nov 2017 #29

    Hi folks

    The ei.cfg solution is a winner - but this will throw a lot of people out there wanting to clean install W10 again.

    Cheers

    and thanks folks.

    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    21 Nov 2017 #30

    cereberus said: View Post
    I still get Home installed on 16299 by default unless I add an ei.cfg file. I tried it on a couple of devices - same. So I do not understand how it is different for you.

    Also, you can no longer use generic key to upgrade from Home to PRO unless pc has a digital PRO licence. If you have a PRO key, you have to click on 'go to store' and under 'Buy PRO'button is a link 'I have a PRO 10 key' that you neded to click to enter key and force upgrade now.
    I've upgraded from Pro to Pro for Workstation by just entering a key? No previous DL for Pro Workstation. I got a "checking activation" or "verifying activation" message. Don't remember the exact message. It was a message I had never seen before. Once it activated it switched Editions with no reboot required. I didn't have to go to the store?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Related Threads
I might buy a new laptop that comes with WIndows 10 home single language, My only question is if the "single lang" vwill let me change the system locale to run non-unicode progams? Sorry I couldn't find any other topic realted to this specifically.
I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the...
Hello, I just joined. I have a 1 MBPS unlimited connection; it takes about two hours to download 700 MBs, and the Win 10 download is around 3 GBs, so I have to make sure whether or not the edition I'm downloading is the correct one or not. ...
Windows 10 Single Language in Windows 10 News
Windows update has the new build 9926 as a Single Language edition available. 11145 ....... Properties still show as Windows 8.... 11146 .......... footprint....... It is being distributed with a pid as follows:
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.
Find Us