Windows 10: Invisible Boot Manager on Multi OS system.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    19 Nov 2017 #11

    I would try:

    bcdboot C:\Windows /s F: /f ALL
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    19 Nov 2017 #12

    Hi,

    Nope, that will create a Bios and UEFI boot record for drive letter F:\ .
    From what I gather of what TS states he has a graphics resolution problem making the boot menu screen look all black. Or does he mean it's black and white and he wants the blue screen back ?
    If so, that can be fixed but I'll await his response.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    19 Nov 2017 #13

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    Nope, that will create a Bios and UEFI boot record for drive letter F:\ .
    Respectfully, no it won't. It will create a boot record for C:\Windows on the BCD store which is currently located on his F: drive.

    the /s F: switch only tells the system on which drive to create the boot files.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 Nov 2017 #14

    My boot menu should look like this.

    https://i.imgur.com/ymrISXq.jpg

    However, the screen is all black, totally blank with no cursor. The win10 win7 buttons are still present. I can still select either one with arrow keys and the enter button to boot to either os. I suspect its some kind of driver issue, but how to solve it with the drivers installed on the system is part of the problem.


    When my system hung and changed the resolution settings on their own it showed up. Problem with the eyefinity is it puts my windows button all the way onto the left monitor and my clock all the way to the right and streches any open windows to fit all three. I've rolled back drivers and installed new and neither fixes this. Creator's update did something and I don't know what.

    My only way to get the menu back is to use windows graphics drivers or change to eyefinity settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    19 Nov 2017 #15

    Yes, it does sound like your boot menu entries are probably correct. It's over my head how to fix what appears to be a display driver issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 Nov 2017 #16

    What are you using eyeinfinty for? It's only used for 2 or more monitors. When I had and AMD card I only used eyeinfinty for gaming to span the game across all 3 monitors. After I was done gaming I disabled eyeinfinity.

    How many monitors do you use? Since the CU/FCU have you uninstalled your GPU driver and then downloaded the latest version and installed it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    19 Nov 2017 #17

    Plankton said: View Post
    What are you using eyeinfinty for? It's only used for 2 or more monitors. When I had and AMD card I only used eyeinfinty for gaming to span the game across all 3 monitors. After I was done gaming I disabled eyeinfinity.

    How many monitors do you use? Since the CU/FCU have you uninstalled your GPU driver and then downloaded the latest version and installed it?
    I have 3 monitors. AMD settings allow for eyefinity during game launch and disables after game exit. I have completely uninstalled restart reinstalled and installed new.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    20 Nov 2017 #18

    Hi,

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Respectfully, no it won't. It will create a boot record for C:\Windows on the BCD store which is currently located on his F: drive.

    the /s F: switch only tells the system on which drive to create the boot files.
    Ok, I see. Did not realize TS's BCD store is actually on drive F: .Sorry about that.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,252
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       28 Nov 2017 #19

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Yes, it does sound like your boot menu entries are probably correct. It's over my head how to fix what appears to be a display driver issue.
    Has nothing to do with driver. Your advice is incorrect !!!

    @SilntExecutionr
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6kFdtT.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	165908
    Your disk layout is not configured correctly, there's no "System Reserved partition", might cause problem with future update. Currently Windows 7 is booted from Winload.exe of Windows 7

    Boot up Windows 7. Open admin command then run: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter of Windows 10
    You should get the GUI interface back.
    Last edited by topgundcp; 29 Nov 2017 at 11:40.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    28 Nov 2017 #20

    topgundcp said: View Post
    Has nothing to do with driver. Your advice is incorrect !!!

    @SilntExecutionr
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6kFdtT.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	165908
    Your disk layout is not configured correctly, there's no "System Reserved partition", might cause problem with future update. Currently Windows 7 is booted from Winload.exe of Windows 7

    Boot up Windows 7. Open admin command then run: bcdedit X:\Windows where X is the drive letter of Windows 10
    You should get the GUI interface back.
    You're advice would be equally incorrect, my friend. X:\Windows is not a valid option for the bcdedit command.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi all, I have an annoying issue with my PC running Windows 10. I have set which icons should be visible in the system tray and they show up there but only for a while, sometimes they just disappear and i have to go into settings and make them...
Multi boot system question....adding Vista in Installation and Upgrade
Attached is a screen shot of my system hard drive set up. I'm using Easy BCD to boot to which ever OS as my mood strikes. I have some free space on drive X where I would like to install Vista ....for no other reason other that I can. Vista set up...
Today I installed Windows 10 on my machine (ASUS N55SF laptop) for the first time on a separate hard drive. Now I have Windows 7 on my main hard drive and Windows 10 on my new drive (the latter being an SSD one). After installing Windows 10, I got a...
I've had many BSODs on this computer in the five years I've had it. Under warranty, I had a new video card (Gforce GT220 replacing GT210), new motherboard (Gigabyte 970A-D3 replacing 870A-UD3) when Windows 7 was the only system. Since then, dual...
I'm really sorry if there has been a post about this already but I've been struggling with this issue for 2 days and have found solutions but all lead to problems again. My situation is that after a recent issue with my user profile going...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:10.
Find Us