Windows 10: Windows 10 Reinstall Unsure which faq; no product key (lost it)

  1.    07 Nov 2017 #1

    Windows 10 Reinstall Unsure which faq; no product key (lost it)


    I am running Windows 10 x64. Because of errors I want to start fresh. I no longer have the product key. Which FAQ should I follow so everything is 100% removed and freshly installed?

    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 Nov 2017 #2

    Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Hi, if you don't already have a bootable win 10 medium then follow the above.

    Then follow the tutorial you posted. As part of the process you will delete all the (4 if UEFI) partitions comprising Win 10.

    Note that if your existing Windows build is 1703 (Creator's) then the one you will install is 1709 (the Fall Creator's build).

    We strongly urge and advise all users to routinely use disk imaging e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) so that if something goes wrong- even a disk failing- you can restore a previously created disk image of Windows (or any data partition or disk) and have your PC running as it was when you created the image.

    This can eliminate the need to do a clean install in many cases and give you a second chance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Nov 2017 #3

    dalchina said: View Post
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Hi, if you don't already have a bootable win 10 medium then follow the above.

    Then follow the tutorial you posted. As part of the process you will delete all the (4 if UEFI) partitions comprising Win 10.

    Note that if your existing Windows build is 1703 (Creator's) then the one you will install is 1709 (the Fall Creator's build).

    We strongly urge and advise all users to routinely use disk imaging e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) so that if something goes wrong- even a disk failing- you can restore a previously created disk image of Windows (or any data partition or disk) and have your PC running as it was when you created the image.

    This can eliminate the need to do a clean install in many cases and give you a second chance.
    You still here, DAL? Or anyone? When I am doing this - reinstalling windows. Is there anything specific I should be careful with? Do people do their own reinstalls then come back here with the same issues. Just want to make sure I do not mess EVERYTHING up :) It seems fairly easy. But, I do not know what I am doing. However, I am amazing at following instructions as they are written 100% of the time, the first time. Just want to make sure there are no frequent mistakes I could make.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Nov 2017 #4

    dalchina said: View Post
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Hi, if you don't already have a bootable win 10 medium then follow the above.

    Then follow the tutorial you posted. As part of the process you will delete all the (4 if UEFI) partitions comprising Win 10.

    Note that if your existing Windows build is 1703 (Creator's) then the one you will install is 1709 (the Fall Creator's build).

    We strongly urge and advise all users to routinely use disk imaging e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) so that if something goes wrong- even a disk failing- you can restore a previously created disk image of Windows (or any data partition or disk) and have your PC running as it was when you created the image.

    This can eliminate the need to do a clean install in many cases and give you a second chance.
    Another thought, looking at this it seems like this is an "update". I want to completely remove (or as closely as possible) remove everything on my computer then start from the beginning. This is the best method to do so, correct? I just started and it seems like it is more an "update" but I am only a few minutes in. I will keep reading all the provided information as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,150
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       07 Nov 2017 #5

    Tonys317 said: View Post
    Another thought, looking at this it seems like this is an "update". I want to completely remove (or as closely as possible) remove everything on my computer then start from the beginning. This is the best method to do so, correct? I just started and it seems like it is more an "update" but I am only a few minutes in. I will keep reading all the provided information as well.
    If you follow Dalchina's instructions, particularly deleting all of the partitions, DL the ISO and create your media, then follow the Clean Install....you should be just fine. They are written well.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Move cases for my PC and did a clean install of Windows 10 and ran windows update. Was just checking e-mails and the PC randomly BSOD. 115523 Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Unsure how to install WIN10 from FlashDrive in Installation and Upgrade
Hello, I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10, at least I believe I did. The below files are what is now on the Flashdrive. 93335 I presume that I insert the Flashdrive into the PC before turning on. Then boot into the flashdrive...is...
Solved Lost windows 8 product key to update to 10 in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi, um a quick question for the forum users ,I installed the windows 10 technical preview back in February and I cannot find the windows cd provided with the laptop when I purchased it. The windows cd key was provided by toshiba so its an rtm...
OK, here's the order of awful events: 1. I install Windows 10, and there's much rejoicing (for about a week). 2. I switch to MS Edge because it seems so awesome. I move all of my browser favorites from Chrome to Edge, and them remove them from...
I have downloaded the Windows 10 Pro ISO file from MS and burnt it to a DVD. It offers to install it as an upgrade over my Win 8.1 Pro installation on my PC. Once I have done this, can I then format the hard drive, and do a clean installation...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38.
Find Us