Windows 10: Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro (1709)
       21 Oct 2017 #11

    Just finished another clean install of 1709 on the same machine, this time leaving the Ethernet cable unplugged from start to finish. The problematic behavior is gone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Oct 2017 #12

    I have the same issue like OP. MS Edge is unusable now as it freezes everytime I click on a link. I did a clean install with an ethernet cable plugged in.
    State Repository Service always makes cpu 100% and I have to restart pc in order to get rid of it. I think State Repository Service is related to MS store.
    I am not gonna do a clearn install now because it took me 8 hours to get all my software installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 Oct 2017 #13

    What changes are made to the StateRepository-Machine.srd file if the Ethernet cable is left plugged in during clean install that causes the cpu to max at 100%?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Oct 2017 #14

    Found the solution!!!


    1. Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
    2. Key in PowerShell and hit Enter.
    3. Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
    4. Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}



    Source: FIX Windows 10 taskbar not working - Microsoft Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1
    windows 10 V 1709
       22 Oct 2017 #15

    DEVOPS said: View Post
    Just finished another clean install of 1709 on the same machine, this time leaving the Ethernet cable unplugged from start to finish. The problematic behavior is gone.
    Confirmed i just clean install with out the internet cable my problem is gone...
    i did install 4 times my windows today because of that problem of hight cpu from State Repository Service

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1709
       22 Oct 2017 #16

    amiracle2 said: View Post
    Found the solution!!!


    1. Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
    2. Key in PowerShell and hit Enter.
    3. Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
    4. Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}



    Source: FIX Windows 10 taskbar not working - Microsoft Community
    Thanks a lot, I confirm this works for me, despite the powershell command throwing an error towards the end of it's routine (it processes many packages and I suspect the error only affects one of them).

    However, do you have any insight as to why a fix for "Taskbar not working" as per your link would fix anything in this case given that this is a different problem?

    I'm also trying to isolate the problem further and see if there's a way to fix just the problematic package as opposed to processing all packages with this powershell command.
    Last edited by coch; 22 Oct 2017 at 13:37.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1709
       22 Oct 2017 #17

    coch said: View Post
    Thanks a lot, I confirm this works for me, despite the powershell command throwing an error towards the end of it's routine (it processes many packages and I suspect the error only affects one of them).

    However, do you have any insight as to why a fix for "Taskbar not working" as per your link would fix anything in this case given that this is a different problem?

    I'm also trying to isolate the problem further and see if there's a way to fix just the problematic package as opposed to processing all packages with this powershell command.
    Well, surprise, surprise, this is no longer working for me after reformatting and re-installing Windows 10.
    So it must have been a combination of this fix, and whatever else I had previously tried (prior to reformatting) for fixing the issue. none of what I had previously tried had worked, but I suspect it may need a number of different things.
    Tried to run the command several times, no errors were seen and the command completes its work, but issue still not resolved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    22 Oct 2017 #18

    coch said: View Post
    Well, surprise, surprise, this is no longer working for me after reformatting and re-installing Windows 10.
    So it must have been a combination of this fix, and whatever else I had previously tried (prior to reformatting) for fixing the issue. none of what I had previously tried had worked, but I suspect it may need a number of different things.
    Tried to run the command several times, no errors were seen and the command completes its work, but the issue still not resolved.
    Have you tried the clean reformat without an internet connection?
    I couldn't use the powershell command at first because I turned off some of the services (messing with registry editor). If you don't do a clean format, the OS probably still keep your settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1709
       22 Oct 2017 #19

    amiracle2 said: View Post
    Have you tried the clean reformat without an internet connection?
    I couldn't use the powershell command at first because I turned off some of the services (messing with registry editor). If you don't do a clean format, the OS probably still keep your settings.

    Yes, clean install is what I always do: Boot from Windows install media (USB drive), reformat target drive, install Windows from scratch.


    Sadly, I tried without the ethernet cable connected this time and it didn't change a thing. I'm getting the same problem.
    The powershell script still does not fix the issue either. Not sure why the powershell trick worked the first time I used it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    22 Oct 2017 #20

    coch said: View Post
    Yes, clean install is what I always do: Boot from Windows install media (USB drive), reformat target drive, install Windows from scratch.


    Sadly, I tried without the ethernet cable connected this time and it didn't change a thing. I'm getting the same problem.
    The powershell script still does not fix the issue either. Not sure why the powershell trick worked the first time I used it.
    weird, I start to think maybe it's your hard disk problem. try to use "chkdsk /r" in command prompt to check your hard disk
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Related Threads
    I can't get the service to start at all. I keep receiving this error. It is causing indexing to not work either. I tried the indexing troubleshooter with no luck. Any recommendations? 158602
    Fall Creators Update fails to install in Installation and Upgrade
    Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. 158288 Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any...
    I own a dell inspiron 5558 laptop.I was performing a clean installation of fall creators update by bootable usb drive. Since I was performing a clean installation so i selected boot from usb and started installing. I chose custom installation and...
    I read an article that says Microsoft will be removing 3D builder in the Windows 10 Fall creators update. I sure hope that is not true or that they still make it available via the app store. I use the program daily and the new Paint 3D doe snot have...
    Has anyone else had this happen ? I had got used to the previous Anniversary Update trimming and deleting the update history so that only the last couple of months worth was available but this seems a bit drastic. I had two 'valuable' (or some...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:17.
    Find Us