Windows 10: "The CPU isn't supported" error true or not

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32/64 bit
       06 Aug 2015 #21

    AySz88,
    Thank you for responding and I will try that and let you know if it works!
    Check out the following address of Gorden Kelly from FORBES MAG..... He has been following Windows 10 for a long time and has some interesting info which EVERYBODY should be aware of!

    Windows 10 Starts Charging For Missing Features - Forbes
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    06 Aug 2015 #22

    junkyarddawg said: View Post
    AySz88,
    Thank you for responding and I will try that and let you know if it works!
    Check out the following address of Gorden Kelly from FORBES MAG..... He has been following Windows 10 for a long time and has some interesting info which EVERYBODY should be aware of!

    Windows 10 Starts Charging For Missing Features - Forbes
    Gah, Gordon Kelly is an idiot who has been using his articles to try and force Microsoft to do his biding. He writes them as troll bait, and makes comments in them that are patently false, and then backpeddles the rest of the article and tries to justify his conclusions with questionable logic.

    Case in point, he makes it sound like you can't play solitaire for free. In fact, he says point blank:

    Yes, surprising as it might seem, Microsoft has announced it will actually charge users a monthly subscription to play Solitaire a free staple of Windows releases since Windows 3.0 in 1990.
    This is in fact false, which he sort of tries to backpeddle on when he further says

    Solitare is now found in the Windows Store and it is a freemium download. This means it can be used for free, but is ad supported and in this case the ads are highly invasive with mandatory 30 second video slots playing over the screen between every game
    This also seems to be false, at least I haven't seen any video ads, and I've played hundreds of hands. There are only static image ads as far as I can see. If there are video's, it's so rare that it's almost impossible to see, so the claim that these ads play between each hand is also false.

    What's even more ironic, he talks about charging for DVD playback and WMC, but he seems completely unaware that you had to buy WMC in Windows 8, and it did not include DVD codecs either by default. Solitaire was not included in Windows 8 either, and was the same exact app, and had ads, just like now. Nothing different. The only difference is that Solitaire is no pre-installed whereas in 8 it wasn't.

    Regardless, Don't listen to Gordon Kelly, he's lying to you.
    Last edited by Mystere; 06 Aug 2015 at 12:50.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Aug 2015 #23

    junkyarddawg said: View Post
    AySz88,
    Thank you for responding and I will try that and let you know if it works!
    Check out the following address of Gorden Kelly from FORBES MAG..... He has been following Windows 10 for a long time and has some interesting info which EVERYBODY should be aware of!

    Windows 10 Starts Charging For Missing Features - Forbes
    And you trust him?? He's an anti MS shrill. He has zero credibility when it comes to reporting on Windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32/64 bit
       06 Aug 2015 #24

    Very FEW that I trust!


    BunnyJ said: View Post
    And you trust him?? He's an anti MS shrill. He has zero credibility when it comes to reporting on Windows.
    There are very FEW I trust when it comes to technology! However when I joined this forum it appeared from posts that there were others that thought as I do..... so USING Gordies recent column as bait...(sort of, sorry) I just verified my beliefs and thank you as well!
    I followed GORDY,somewhat prior to when Win 8 was going to be released....and even then I thought "where in the hell did this guy get credibility?"
    But as it turned out Win 8, (at least from my beliefs) is just another mistake like Windows MILLENNIUM!
    Personally....Windows 7 has been working Flawless for me and my business machines!

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32/64 bit
       06 Aug 2015 #25

    Mystere,
    There are very FEW I trust when it comes to technology and old GORDY IS NOT one of the FEW!
    However when I joined this forum it appeared from posts that there were others that thought as I do..... so USING Gordy's recent column as bait...(sort of, sorry) I just verified my beliefs and thank you as well!
    I followed GORDY,somewhat prior to when Win 8 was going to be released....and even then I thought "where in the hell did this guy get credibility?"
    But as it turned out Win 8, (at least from my beliefs) is just another mistake like Windows MILLENNIUM!
    Personally....Windows 7 has been working Flawless for me and my business machines!

    Also....The horror stories I've been hearing and reading about concerning the "GET WINDOWS 10" app do appear to be legitimate and people are giving up Win 7, 8 and 8.1 using CLEAN INSTALL and then finding out they need a charge card when calling MS Techs for troubleshooting the Windows 10 downloads!



    Mystere said: View Post
    Gah, Gordon Kelly is an idiot who has been using his articles to try and force Microsoft to do his biding. He writes them as troll bait, and makes comments in them that are patently false, and then backpeddles the rest of the article and tries to justify his conclusions with questionable logic.

    Case in point, he makes it sound like you can't play solitaire for free. In fact, he says point blank:



    This is in fact false, which he sort of tries to backpeddle on when he further says



    This also seems to be false, at least I haven't seen any video ads, and I've played hundreds of hands. There are only static image ads as far as I can see. If there are video's, it's so rare that it's almost impossible to see, so the claim that these ads play between each hand is also false.

    What's even more ironic, he talks about charging for DVD playback and WMC, but he seems completely unaware that you had to buy WMC in Windows 8, and it did not include DVD codecs either by default. Solitaire was not included in Windows 8 either, and was the same exact app, and had ads, just like now. Nothing different. The only difference is that Solitaire is no pre-installed whereas in 8 it wasn't.

    Regardless, Don't listen to Gordon Kelly, he's lying to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Aug 2015 #26

    junkyarddawg said: View Post

    Also....The horror stories I've been hearing and reading about concerning the "GET WINDOWS 10" app do appear to be legitimate and people are giving up Win 7, 8 and 8.1 using CLEAN INSTALL and then finding out they need a charge card when calling MS Techs for troubleshooting the Windows 10 downloads!
    Can you post links where this is claimed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Aug 2015 #27

    Over in the Microsoft answers thread one guy found a workaround for the nx feature missing, copied post below

    CPU not supported. - Microsoft Community

    Hi guys
    I posted this on technet - but here's a copy/paste from Windows 10 not compatible with an i5 processor?

    Hi,
    I had the same issue, and couldnt find anything in the BIOS to enable the NX bit.
    After lots of research, found I could by using BCDEDIT to turn on NX - it worked!
    Brief guide:
    Start CMD prompt as Administrator
    BCDEDIT enter
    shows you the current entries
    to enable the NX bit always (which is what I did to pass the Windows 10 update check)
    bcdedit /set nx alwayson
    You'll get a "Command completed successfully" - then REBOOT and try to run your update - you can force an immediate update by downloading and running the MediaCreationTool.exe from Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Aug 2015 #28

    Mystere said: View Post
    Gah, Gordon Kelly is an idiot who has been using his articles to try and force Microsoft to do his biding. He writes them as troll bait, and makes comments in them that are patently false, and then backpeddles the rest of the article and tries to justify his conclusions with questionable logic.
    Meh, obvious Apple shill is obvious
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32/64 bit
       08 Aug 2015 #29

    Win 10 POST LAUNCH fixes


    Hi,
    Thanks for the response!
    For what its worth...SUPPOSEDLY...the MS Windows 10 first MAJOR post launch updates aka "repairs or fixes" are getting downloaded as we speak!


    Windows 10's first major post-launch update is now rolling out | Windows Central

    Maybe by July, 2016,Win 10 might just be functional, but if you don't have the FREE O.S. by 7/29/16....you will have to pay $$$$$$$!
    And, by he looks of it....the public will have to PAY, one way or another!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    peterb said: View Post
    Over in the Microsoft answers thread one guy found a workaround for the nx feature missing, copied post below

    CPU not supported. - Microsoft Community

    Hi guys
    I posted this on technet - but here's a copy/paste from Windows 10 not compatible with an i5 processor?

    Hi,
    I had the same issue, and couldnt find anything in the BIOS to enable the NX bit.
    After lots of research, found I could by using BCDEDIT to turn on NX - it worked!
    Brief guide:
    Start CMD prompt as Administrator
    BCDEDIT enter
    shows you the current entries
    to enable the NX bit always (which is what I did to pass the Windows 10 update check)
    bcdedit /set nx alwayson
    You'll get a "Command completed successfully" - then REBOOT and try to run your update - you can force an immediate update by downloading and running the MediaCreationTool.exe from Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 42
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
       15 Aug 2015 #30

    Hi Chaps,

    Very interested to read peterb yesterday.
    Probably flogging a dead horse trying to get my approx. 10 year old Dell Inspiron to run windows 10.
    Was amazed when I ran bcdedit /set nx alwayson as adminsistrator and it completed successfully as I did not think the machine had NX. Rebooted and was unsurprised on trying to upgrade to Win 10 to get the "This computer cannot run Win 10 message."
    Just tried again without a reboot with same result but wondering why bcdedit /set nx alwayson succeeded if (since??!) it has no NX?!

    Probably my naivety but possibly something akin to, "..it cannot be off if it isn't there" or the suchlike.
    Would still be fascinated to know. The processor is a mobile Pentium 4 2.8ghz unit.

    Thanks for your help.

    Mike.


    peterb said: View Post
    Over in the Microsoft answers thread one guy found a workaround for the nx feature missing, copied post below

    CPU not supported. - Microsoft Community

    Hi guys
    I posted this on technet - but here's a copy/paste from Windows 10 not compatible with an i5 processor?

    Hi,
    I had the same issue, and couldnt find anything in the BIOS to enable the NX bit.
    After lots of research, found I could by using BCDEDIT to turn on NX - it worked!
    Brief guide:
    Start CMD prompt as Administrator
    BCDEDIT enter
    shows you the current entries
    to enable the NX bit always (which is what I did to pass the Windows 10 update check)
    bcdedit /set nx alwayson
    You'll get a "Command completed successfully" - then REBOOT and try to run your update - you can force an immediate update by downloading and running the MediaCreationTool.exe from Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi everyone! Im new on this forum. Ive been using windows 10 since this january and everything was fine until build 10130 came up. Everytime I shut down my computer I receive the following error: This is a bit annoying because I dont know...
Just loaded Windows 10 on my third system . This is a mainstream corporate grade Dell Optiplex desktop. I got errors I have not seen on any previous Windows 10 install. Everything looked fairly normal until - while I was away with real life - I...
Microsoft Not Yet Ready to Describe What "Supported Lifetime of the Device" Means for Windows 10
My win 10 computer has just started giving me the above error code. I can log in using mouse & keyboard, but when I get to the start screen I get the above error code 0XC000021a. I have tried several times to do a fix, like shutting off the...
Tried booting 3 times with same result. Dual booting 10TP with 8.1 Pro. 10TP boots, I log in fine, and about 20 seconds in it states that MS Mouse & Keyboard Center has failed. It writes a report to send. Then about 10/15 seconds later I get a blue...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.
Find Us