Windows 10: how to upgrade to windows 10 without windows update?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Jul 2015 #31

    TheViper said: View Post
    you need to upgrade the pc first then u can use the iso on usb. if i can just get the iso on usb then use my win7/8 key then i would've done it already
    Are you trying to do a clean install ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    29 Jul 2015 #32

    imacken said: View Post
    Nope, doesn't work! Like others here, just rejects the Win 7 key. Could it be something to do with downloading W10 Pro and trying to upgrade a W7 Home Premium?
    You would only be able to get version for version.
    If you have 7 Home, you can't upgrade to 10 Pro, only 10 Home.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    29 Jul 2015 #33

    TheViper said: View Post
    you need to upgrade the pc first then u can use the iso on usb. if i can just get the iso on usb then use my win7/8 key then i would've done it already
    As of yesterday & early today I had the $Windows.~BT with 5.93Gb of data. Windows Update has 2 Windows 10 upgrade fails. Now, after downloading & creating a USB install drive I have $Windows.~BT folder with 278Kb of data & a new one, $Windows.~WS folder with 5.79GB of data.

    I have tried this USB install & it rejects my valid Win7 key. I'm really confused how to upgrade.
    I'm trying to upgrade from Win7 64-bit Home to Win10 64-bit Home. What now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Jul 2015 #34

    no i'm trying to upgrade but windows update not working and the tool doesn't have resume button so i cant use it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Jul 2015 #35

    TheViper said: View Post
    no i'm trying to upgrade but windows update not working and the tool doesn't have resume button so i cant use it
    Then you will have to run the tool again.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    29 Jul 2015 #36

    GARoss said: View Post
    As of yesterday & early today I had the $Windows.~BT with 5.93Gb of data. Windows Update has 2 Windows 10 upgrade fails. Now, after downloading & creating a USB install drive I have $Windows.~BT folder with 278Kb of data & a new one, $Windows.~WS folder with 5.79GB of data.

    I have tried this USB install & it rejects my valid Win7 key. I'm really confused how to upgrade.
    I'm trying to upgrade from Win7 64-bit Home to Win10 64-bit Home. What now?
    run the tool and choose upgrade this pc now not create installation media for another pc
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Jul 2015 #37

    GARoss said: View Post
    I have tried this USB install & it rejects my valid Win7 key. I'm really confused how to upgrade.
    I'm trying to upgrade from Win7 64-bit Home to Win10 64-bit Home. What now?
    Are you booting to the USB?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Jul 2015 #38

    cyberrufus said: View Post
    Are you booting to the USB?
    Yes
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Jul 2015 #39

    TheViper said: View Post
    run the tool and choose upgrade this pc now not create installation media for another pc
    Correct.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    29 Jul 2015 #40

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    Then you will have to run the tool again.
    but i have shitty internet i need 18 hour to download 3gb
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Do we know what will happen with users who have a WIMBoot Installation (aka compressed) installation of Windows 8.1 Update on their system? Will they get the update like the others or will they have to create their own Windows 10...
I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: • Latest security •...
I read lots of mail on how the Upgrade is FREE, but nowhere do I see anything about the cost (or no cost) of Windows 10 Updates. Is that policy spelled out anywhere of do I just wait and hope ?? Thanks, rs
622153285609218048 622153799453401088 622154407015116801 UPDATE: KB3074665 update now available, and requires restart. How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Solved Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview in Windows Updates and Activation
Hello all, I'm running Windows 7 Ult x64 and I continue to receive this notification upon startup: 6047 Showing more details: 6049 Any ideas on how to remove? It's quite annoying. Choosing "Hide Update" doesn't work.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:19.
Find Us