Windows 10: What a mess upgrade to win 10 pro

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Jul 2015 #1

    What a mess upgrade to win 10 pro


    I have three machines 2 with win 7 pro and one with win 8.1 pro, the 2 win pro have tried to upgrade to win 10 pro today ( I live in Europe) the HP DESKTOP HPE 1075 UK has tried to upgrade and has failed with the following error
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

    Installation date: ‎28/‎07/‎2015 20:27
    Installation status: Failed
    Error details: Code 80240020
    Update type: Important
    Install the next version of Windows.
    More information:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507415
    Help and Support:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=507417

    I will send the Toshiba laptop error new win 8.1 pro on separate mail not to confuse issue

    I really hope someone can assist me
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 5,101
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483
       28 Jul 2015 #2

    Looks like all Win 10 upgrades are failing from what I see. I suspect they will not succeed until the 29th (my guess).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    28 Jul 2015 #3

    I have tried with the new Toshiba laptop win 8.1 pro same error as the above, I have 3 failed under update history is there anyway of removing the listing or if I remember its all or nothing should I just wait till tomorrow and hopefully everything will be ok .
    When Microsoft say 29th is that west coast morning or will Europe be updated our morning time. I hope this will be ok.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    28 Jul 2015 #4

    I wouldn't doubt it, that MS has some type of time codes built in to prevent anyone upgrading before 07-29.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Jul 2015 #5

    milleranthony said: View Post
    I have three machines 2 with win 7 pro and one with win 8.1 pro, the 2 win pro have tried to upgrade to win 10 pro today ( I live in Europe) the HP DESKTOP HPE 1075 UK has tried to upgrade and has failed with the following error
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

    Installation date: ‎28/‎07/‎2015 20:27
    Installation status: Failed
    Error details: Code 80240020
    Update type: Important
    Install the next version of Windows.
    More information:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507415
    Help and Support:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=507417

    I will send the Toshiba laptop error new win 8.1 pro on separate mail not to confuse issue

    I really hope someone can assist me
    Yes I have came up with same error you had, I'm running windows 7 pro with i5 processor if you find a fix please let us know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 269
    latest windows insider home build
       28 Jul 2015 #6

    there is a fix; its called "patience"
    let your system update itself with out your intervention..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    28 Jul 2015 #7

    wase4711 said: View Post
    there is a fix; its called "patience"
    let your system update itself with out your intervention..
    That may well be the answer but I wonder why the update is being continually tried if it is not a starter yet? Mine has failed 5 times so far.

    For a process that shouldn't be creating anxiety, this is not a good start. It's not that I am in a hurry, I just find these errors unsettling, especially as I support a few people and am expecting calls I can't answer.

    OK - I'll just wait.............
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1
    win 10- Linux Mint -Ubuntu- Android
       28 Jul 2015 #8

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win10.png 
Views:	1713 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	26408

    Yes you are right . It is same here with me without any intervention..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    28 Jul 2015 #9

    wase4711 said: View Post
    there is a fix; its called "patience"
    let your system update itself with out your intervention..
    Patience is one thing. It's quite another to be offered a link to "Get help with error 80240020" that actually gives you no such thing. Worse, any independent searching for this error code turns up nothing. Why reference error codes that have no fix? It's just frustrating...in that time-honoured Microsoft Way. It's hardly the user's fault that they raise expectations so high, then fail to deliver
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    28 Jul 2015 #10

    I have (well, HAD) Windows 7 Professional, and my notice to upgrade came up about 7 PM Eastern Time. My upgrade went painlessly, all is working well, and my 5 year old custom built PC acts almost brand new. I assume I got an early notice due to being a Windows Insider on the "fast ring".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
https://i.imgur.com/dr4PPFZ.png I'm running W7 and those are my current partitions, I want to use the reset option when I upgrade to get rid of everything, the only partition I really know out of those 3 is my main OS one. Do I need to delete...
User account mess up in General Support
Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat?? I...
Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess | ZDNet
ms plans to divorce desktop area from Win9 which appears on 'mobile devices', which will apply to both RT/ARM devices and x86 engines. Soo... no desktop area on future Surface Pros? I don't want that future.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:37.
Find Us