Windows 10: What a mess upgrade to win 10 pro

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 31,229
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273
       28 Jul 2015 #11

    squigglyanne said: View Post
    I have (well, HAD) Windows 7 Professional, and my notice to upgrade came up about 7 PM Eastern Time. My upgrade went painlessly, all is working well, and my 5 year old custom built PC acts almost brand new. I assume I got an early notice due to being a Windows Insider on the "fast ring".
    Hi there. Did you try a reboot?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    28 Jul 2015 #12

    possible fix to error 80240020


    What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
    1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
    2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
    3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

    [This solution worked for me maybe it will help you guys too]
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Jul 2015 #13

    Tried that - did nothing. Fell back on the install from ISO. Would have done this ages ago but wanted to see how the standard update would go. Now I know!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    28 Jul 2015 #14

    Thanks Sipzi it works......now it says 5 gb download....before i had 19 tries of failed windows 10 upgrade !!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Jul 2015 #15

    Thanks Sipzi! I got mine to work too. Though I didn't have to delete anything, I just typed "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" in command prompt and the installation wizard came right up!

    Sipzi said: View Post
    What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
    1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
    2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
    3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

    [This solution worked for me maybe it will help you guys too]
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Jul 2015 #16

    Mine failed 15 times !!! :(


    My upgrade failed 15 time, should I leave it alone for a while or do somthing to fix it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Jul 2015 #17

    HardKoreNinja said: View Post
    My upgrade failed 15 time, should I leave it alone for a while or do somthing to fix it?
    Wait for another 40 minutes?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Jul 2015 #18

    Win10 upgrade failed


    Sipzi said: View Post
    What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
    1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
    2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
    3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

    [This solution worked for me maybe it will help you guys too]
    Ty Sipzi it worked for me too!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Jul 2015 #19

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	26461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	26462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	26467Sipzi works...but after the download of the windows 10 reaches 100%...then prepares to install....it fails at this point ...no use.....!!!
    Last edited by sanchezsmail1; 29 Jul 2015 at 02:26.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    29 Jul 2015 #20

    Help please ;(


    I used this method hoping it can help:
    How to fix error 080080008 in Windows Update - Windows Tips and Tricks
    It just made it worst.. Now when I click on the Get Windows 10 button it allways give me the button "Ok notify me when ready" and never saves.. And in my Windows update screen it doesn't say that Windows 10 will be installed when it's ready it just says "Windows is up to date"
    Please help me, I don't know what to do!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
https://i.imgur.com/dr4PPFZ.png I'm running W7 and those are my current partitions, I want to use the reset option when I upgrade to get rid of everything, the only partition I really know out of those 3 is my main OS one. Do I need to delete...
User account mess up in General Support
Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat?? I...
Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess | ZDNet
ms plans to divorce desktop area from Win9 which appears on 'mobile devices', which will apply to both RT/ARM devices and x86 engines. Soo... no desktop area on future Surface Pros? I don't want that future.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26.
Find Us