Windows 10 Please help me How to clean install window Exceeds 4gb


  1. Posts : 44
    Windows 10 pro
       #1

    Windows 10 Please help me How to clean install window Exceeds 4gb


    Please help me
    How to clean install windows file Exceeds 4gb in uefi mode fat32? Beacuse uefi fat32 not support for sources larger than 4 GB
    How to fix this? What i must disable secure boot in bios?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #2

    Adityar said:
    Please help me
    How to clean install windows file Exceeds 4gb in uefi mode fat32? Beacuse uefi fat32 not support for sources larger than 4 GB
    How to fix this? What i must disable secure boot in bios?
    Hi there. Please fill out your system specs in your Settings Control Panel or post them here.

    Please post a screenshot of your Disk Management: Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
      My Computers

  3. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,008
    Windows10
       #3

    Adityar said:
    Please help me
    How to clean install windows file Exceeds 4gb in uefi mode fat32? Beacuse uefi fat32 not support for sources larger than 4 GB
    How to fix this? What i must disable secure boot in bios?
    You misunderstand it.

    The iso may be greater than 4GB, but none of the individual files in the iso is as large as 4GB. You have to extract the files from iso onto usb stick, not just put iso on usb stick.

    Maximum partition size on fat32 formatted from windows is 32GB.

    You do not need to disable secure boot.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 44
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #4

    cereberus said:
    You misunderstand it.

    The iso may be greater than 4GB, but none of the individual files in the iso is as large as 4GB. You have to extract the files from iso onto usb stick, not just put iso on usb stick.

    Maximum partition size on fat32 formatted from windows is 32GB.

    You do not need to disable secure boot.
    I need it to be FAT32, support UEFI, and somehow be able to use the extracted files from ISO's rather than copying over the ISO's themselves.

    Why? well, because unfortunately, the Windows 10 with Update 64-bit iso is over 4 gigs, and can't be put onto a FAT32 drive. But as far as I know, UEFI can only boot x64 windows 10 from FAT32.
    When i try create in ntfs i cant boot in uefi mode
      My Computer

  5. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 10,473
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #5

    I've not had a problem using the MCT/Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB drive of 8GB [or larger] which gets formatted/reformatted to FAT32 losing everything on the drive. I keep both 32-bit and 64-bit versions on hand, can even use File Explorer to open the USB drive then double-click the setup.exe file to start the install. The install that way has been an Upgrade over the previous Version for me [did 2 that way already this week, Version 1607 up to 1703] while booting to the USB drive should allow a clean install.
      My Computers

  6. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,489
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    I really, really hate to post this.....and I hate recommending it.....but I would suggest you use Rufus to make your USB flash drive from the ISO file, it's probably the better choice for you:

    Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

    Once you select your Windows ISO file to create the USB flash drive from, make sure and go back and change the file system to FAT32 and target system type to MBR for UEFI - that's where a lot of people get screwed up using Rufus.

    Windows 10 Please help me How to clean install window Exceeds 4gb-capture.jpg
      My Computer

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,008
    Windows10
       #7

    Adityar said:
    I need it to be FAT32, support UEFI, and somehow be able to use the extracted files from ISO's rather than copying over the ISO's themselves.

    Why? well, because unfortunately, the Windows 10 with Update 64-bit iso is over 4 gigs, and can't be put onto a FAT32 drive. But as far as I know, UEFI can only boot x64 windows 10 from FAT32.
    When i try create in ntfs i cant boot in uefi mode
    I told you - you have to extract the files from the iso, not put iso on flash drive as an iso.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums