Win 10 ONLY download

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 116
    win 10 creators update
       #1

    Win 10 ONLY download


    Does anyone know how to obtain the download for windows 10? Not the creators update, not the anniversary edition.... Just windows 10. The headaches I'm having with slow wifi and Ethernet is ridiculous. Zero remedies for it and my business is suffering while they figure an update.
      My Computers

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,687
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2

    ChadBonk said:
    Does anyone know how to obtain the download for windows 10? Not the creators update, not the anniversary edition.... Just windows 10. The headaches I'm having with slow wifi and Ethernet is ridiculous. Zero remedies for it and my business is suffering while they figure an update.
    Latest is Creators(March, 2017), prior was Anniversary(Aug., 2016). Prior to that was the Fall Update (11/2015) to the original RTM, which was July, 2015. What are you looking for?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 116
    win 10 creators update
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Prolly the fall build. There's a severe issue with the internet connection with creators. Been on the phone with Microsoft for 6 hours, with them remoting in, replacing drivers, and still can't correct the issue. That and I have an ASUS mobo, which they clarified there was an issue with the creators update and they're working on a patch. My Wi-Fi is getting 120mbps, while Ethernet is getting 5. That of which, my machine gets 5MB either way, when two days ago before the install I was getting 120
      My Computers

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,687
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #4

    ChadBonk said:
    Prolly the fall build. There's a severe issue with the internet connection with creators. Been on the phone with Microsoft for 6 hours, with them remoting in, replacing drivers, and still can't correct the issue. That and I have an ASUS mobo, which they clarified there was an issue with the creators update and they're working on a patch. My Wi-Fi is getting 120mbps, while Ethernet is getting 5. That of which, my machine gets 5MB either way, when two days ago before the install I was getting 120
    Why not restore your system back from 2-3 days ago, and block the update.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 116
    win 10 creators update
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Because, I tried to do an in place upgrade to the system files using the media creation tool. Came back and the screen was black. Decided to finally install a Hyper X HD I've been waiting for some down time for to install. Installed what I thought I was just the reg version of Windows and it wasn't. So rolling back isn't an option unfortunately
      My Computers

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,687
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #6

    ChadBonk said:
    Because, I tried to do an in place upgrade to the system files using the media creation tool. Came back and the screen was black. Decided to finally install a Hyper X HD I've been waiting for some down time for to install. Installed what I thought I was just the reg version of Windows and it wasn't. So rolling back isn't an option unfortunately
    No, I don't mean rolling back. Restore your backup of the system from2-3 days before. Before the update.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 116
    win 10 creators update
    Thread Starter
       #7

    I'm not really sure if that's an option at this point in the game.

    Win 10 ONLY download-image.png

    When i booted to what is now "Locak Disk Y:" i get past the login screen for winodws and everything is just black. No task bar, and I can can't run anything from task manager
      My Computers

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,687
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #8

    ChadBonk said:
    I'm not really sure if that's an option at this point in the game.

    Win 10 ONLY download-image.png

    When i booted to what is now "Locak Disk Y:" i get past the login screen for winodws and everything is just black. No task bar, and I can can't run anything from task manager
    I have no knowledge of what a Hyper-X HD is, or how it gets installed. The backup I'm keep mentioning is a separate system Image of your OS and supporting partitions. I have no idea now how you got where you are. Sorry. If you have no backup, you can try to get a version 14393 ISO from Microsoft, but I think the only thing you can "legitimately" download is 15063.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 116
    win 10 creators update
    Thread Starter
       #9

    gotcha. Hyper X Hd is basically a PCI express Solid State Drive that gets insane read and write speeds. How would one go about getting a specific build version from microsoft. The rep told me that no matter what, the Media Creation tool is gonna give me the creators update.
      My Computers

  10. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,591
    Windows 10 Pro
       #10
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums