Windows 10: Windows 10 10240 Install.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    25 Jul 2015 #21

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post

    Thanks for posting that.

    Not understanding why mine is not activating. According to what I've read so far MS has blocked activation.

    What keys did you use?
    The generic Windows 10 Pro ver 10240 Key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

    Here's a copy & paste from Speccy for my operating system:

    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type: Desktop
    Installation Date: 7/23/2015 6:21:24 PM
    Serial Number: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    Windows Security Center
    User Account Control (UAC) Enabled

    During installation, I logged in with my Microsoft Account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 25,594
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       25 Jul 2015 #22

    Antilope said: View Post
    The generic Windows 10 Pro ver 10240 Key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

    Here's a copy & paste from Speccy for my operating system:

    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type: Desktop
    Installation Date: 7/23/2015 6:21:24 PM
    Serial Number: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    Windows Security Center
    User Account Control (UAC) Enabled

    During installation, I logged in with my Microsoft Account.
    Thanks again.

    Identical here. Same keys I used and with MS account. I don't get it. Baffled by it actually.

    I may be calling MS for activation.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       25 Jul 2015 #23

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Not understanding why mine is not activating. According to what I've read so far MS has blocked activation for now.

    What keys did you use?
    Try changing the Product key in Settings > System > Activation. Ms might have opened up the activation servers again after they closed the Insider Program until after 29 July.

    They're too close to the release date to process new insiders. I think the current Insider count is around 5 million - maybe 1 million actively testing, the rest window shopping or looking for a free OS.

    Anyway, if your system doesn't auto-activate when you enter the 'new' key, you might try phone activation.

    Good luck,

    Bill
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 25,594
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       25 Jul 2015 #24

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Try changing the Product key in Settings > System > Activation. Ms might have opened up the activation servers again after they closed the Insider Program until after 29 July.

    They're too close to the release date to process new insiders. I think the current Insider count is around 5 million - maybe 1 million actively testing, the rest window shopping or looking for a free OS.

    Anyway, if your system doesn't auto-activate when you enter the 'new' key, you might try phone activation.

    Good luck,

    Bill
    .
    Thanks, SB. Tried entering those and other keys I saw posted a few times each, but no go. Yes, > Ring...Ring...Herow. How may I help you today?"
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    25 Jul 2015 #25

    Hi guys Im a currently on 10240 and want to add an ssd and do a clean install and have it boot up from the ssd. How can I clean install iv been reading a lot of problem's regarding activation?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    25 Jul 2015 #26

    P47RYR0CK said: View Post
    Hi guys Im a currently on 10240 and want to add an ssd and do a clean install and have it boot up from the ssd. How can I clean install iv been reading a lot of problem's regarding activation?
    My pc had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro version 240 x64 and I created an ISO and DVD from the ESD file, about a week ago. It had upgraded from version 10162. The pc originally had Windows 7 Professional x32 on it.

    I purchased a new 3TB drive, 2-days ago, and did a clean install by booting from the Windows 10240 DVD I created. Windows 10 Pro activated right away, 2-days ago (23 July), on the completely clean new drive. I was asked to enter the Windows 10 Pro ver 10240 KEY during installation and did so. I entered the generic Windows 10 Pro ver 10240 Key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

    During installation, I logged in with my Microsoft Account.

    I had no problem getting an activation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Jul 2015 #27

    Thanks for the reply. I have build 10130 on dvd. Would I be able to install with that and then update to 10240 again?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    25 Jul 2015 #28

    P47RYR0CK said: View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have build 10130 on dvd. Would I be able to install with that and then update to 10240 again?
    I don't know. Some are still having trouble getting their pc's to upgrade to 10240.

    Your existing 10240 install should have a hidden .esd file you can convert to a 10240 ISO and DVD. Here's a link to instructions on how to do that.

    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 25,594
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       25 Jul 2015 #29

    Antilope said: View Post
    I don't know. Some are still having trouble getting their pc's to upgrade to 10240.

    Your existing 10240 install should have a hidden .esd file you can convert to a 10240 ISO and DVD. Here's a link to instructions on how to do that.

    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums
    Perhaps that's my problem. Used someone else's ESD to ISO file to fresh install, therefore identifies the same machine. His activated, whereas mine did not. Could that be it?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    25 Jul 2015 #30

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Perhaps that's my problem. Used someone else's ESD to ISO file to fresh install, therefore identifies the same machine. His activated, whereas mine did not. Could that be it?
    You can get a very good ISO from Microsoft New.. and I used it to upgrade from Win8.1 to 10240. SO it is a good version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Last night my pc work 100%, I Installed telegram for windows and in the midnight the download of the Critical Update was installed in my Desktop, I restart my computer and when turned on after the bios I get a Black Screen, isn't my fist time: see...
New install to 10240 on current 10240 comp in Installation and Upgrade
Thought I would report on a very good experience. My comp has been upgraded through various OSs and has been on the insider program since Oct, and was on 10240. While it was running fine, there were indicators that it would benefit from a 'clean'...
10240 won't install in Installation and Upgrade
I have a previous thread with the 10166 build https://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/8211-10166-wont-install-over-10162-a.html Now as the 10240 build has been released I'm getting the same error as before. I've also tried deleting all...
When not in Insider program, used .iso downloaded from Insider site to clean-install 10162, which greys out Get Insider builds box. Just joined program, which is currently not onboarding any new PCs. If I clean install 10130, would that allow my...
10240 will not install in Installation and Upgrade
downloaded as an upgrade and installed but it keeps reverting back to 10130,it configures to 100% and restarts and boots back in to 10130 any ideas guys
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:41.
Find Us