Windows 10: install of leaked 10147 Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    21 Jun 2015 #11

    nevermind the above about the iso. I finally got it to download.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Jun 2015 #12

    asiaexpat said: View Post
    can i use that method to install a second copy of win 10--ie install to a different partition for dual boot
    Right click on the Windows 10 ISO image file and choose either Mount or Open with -> Windows Explorer. Open the sources folder first and run the setup (setup.exe) file inside the sources folder (see screenshot below).

    NOTE: Please do not run the setup (setup.exe) file in the root directory.



    NOTE: Click on the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option (see screenshot below).



    NOTE: Unallocated space is not visible on the Where do you want to install Windows? screen.

    Select the empty partition that you've created. Click on the "Next" button. The installation of Windows 10 will begin.



    edit:

    Please note that a new Windows 10 installation does not have a drive letter C: (see screenshot below).

    Last edited by genet; 21 Jun 2015 at 12:04.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,562
    Win 10 Pro x64
       21 Jun 2015 #13

    genet said: View Post
    Right click on the Windows 10 ISO image file and choose either Mount or Open with -> Windows Explorer. Open the sources folder first and run the setup (setup.exe) file inside the sources folder (see screenshot below).

    NOTE: Please do not run the setup (setup.exe) file in the root directory.



    NOTE: Click on the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option (see screenshot below).



    NOTE: Unallocated space is not visible on the Where do you want to install Windows? screen.

    Select the empty partition that you've created. Click on the "Next" button. The installation of Windows 10 will begin.



    edit:

    Please note that a new Windows 10 installation does not have a drive letter C: (see screenshot below).

    If you do this method, you may be asked for a key and you need to put this in: NJ4MX-VQQ7Q-FP3DB-VDGHX-7XM87
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 10,155
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       21 Jun 2015 #14

    asiaexpat said: View Post
    can i use that method to install a second copy of win 10--ie install to a different partition for dual boot
    Yes, that is what I did
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Jun 2015 #15

    no worries all! finally got 10147 installed and running. However; the beta store will not open and when i try to run the wsreset command it gives me a error saying a parameter is incorrect and will not open.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,562
    Win 10 Pro x64
       21 Jun 2015 #16

    Matt Siegel said: View Post
    no worries all! finally got 10147 installed and running. However; the beta store will not open and when i try to run the wsreset command it gives me a error saying a parameter is incorrect and will not open.
    Good to know. Don't spend too much time fixing it. A new build may come our way soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Jun 2015 #17

    badrobot said: View Post
    Good to know. Don't spend too much time fixing it. A new build may come our way soon.
    hope yer right!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1
    Wins 7 , waiting for 10
       26 Jun 2015 #18

    10147 is last build ?


    just want to know is it build 10147 is the last build for Windows 10 before 29/7 ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    26 Jun 2015 #19

    dongfox2 said: View Post
    just want to know is it build 10147 is the last build for Windows 10 before 29/7 ?
    It's a leaked build and there should be one more official build before the 29th of July.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    26 Jun 2015 #20

    Matt Siegel said: View Post
    no worries all! finally got 10147 installed and running. However; the beta store will not open and when i try to run the wsreset command it gives me a error saying a parameter is incorrect and will not open.
    I also had a problem with live tiles and store not opening but couple of reboots later all is sorted out except for Slow ring thing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Just leaked about a half hour ago, apparently. Links are pretty scarce at the moment. It's from the fbl_impressive lab, so I'm wondering if it's going to be the next public build. ...
Solved 10147 to 10158 Rufus 2.2 Fresh install in Installation and Upgrade
Create a bootable flash drive using Rufus 2.2. Download 10158 Pro x64 under 10147 using µTorrent free trial. Having problems to register... Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10158 product key: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV
New Build after 10147 ? in Windows Insider
I understood there was to be a new build after 10147 to be available 6/23. It may be scuttlebutt. Is anyone aware of such. I have a few issues with Cortana I would be curious to see if they remain or not.
Hi there I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS 10.0.4 or WKS 11 causes message at boot --error in virtual CPU caused the VM to fail. (VMware...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:28.
Find Us