1.    30 May 2015 #1

    just about to clean install from build 10074


    I am just about to clean install from build 10074. I assume that it will update to the latest build once installed. I was wondering if I need to install drivers and wot not before upgrading via WU or do that after the upgrade to 10130 is compete.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    30 May 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,682
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Hey Nick,

    I'd wait until after you have upgraded to 10130 before installing any drivers.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    30 May 2015 #3

    Thanks Brink.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    30 May 2015 #4
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hey Nick,

    I'd wait until after you have upgraded to 10130 before installing any drivers.
    Why do you say that? I only ask because on 10122 I installed a driver for a wifi dongle to try to fix a problem with me losing internet connection every so often and it totally crapped things up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    30 May 2015 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Central Florida
    Posts : 346
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32

    Quote Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
    I am just about to clean install from build 10074. I assume that it will update to the latest build once installed. I was wondering if I need to install drivers and wot not before upgrading via WU or do that after the upgrade to 10130 is compete.
    Ok, I surrender, you got me!
    How on earth do you do a CLEAN Install from a Windows Update?
    "That does not compute" , said 'the Robot'.

    I just did a CLEAN Install by downloading the ISO, burning it to a DVD * (for posterity sake) and then booted up from the DVD, and did the install to my spare HD letting the installer RE-Format the C: partition, wiping out whatever version was on there before.
    I'm running on 10130, x64, right now, and it's running FAST! I'm also using Firefox, not EDGE.

    * I know....some don't make DVD's at all, but I've kept every version, on DVD, since I started testing at build 9926.

    Just curious!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 May 2015 #6

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    Ok, I surrender, you got me!
    How on earth do you do a CLEAN Install from a Windows Update?
    "That does not compute" , said 'the Robot'.

    I just did a CLEAN Install by downloading the ISO, burning it to a DVD * (for posterity sake) and then booted up from the DVD, and did the install to my spare HD letting the installer RE-Format the C: partition, wiping out whatever version was on there before.
    I'm running on 10130, x64, right now, and it's running FAST! I'm also using Firefox, not EDGE.

    * I know....some don't make DVD's at all, but I've kept every version, on DVD, since I started testing at build 9926.

    Just curious!
    Download the last iso'd version which is 10074. Put it on a flash drive then install it. Allow windows update to upgrade to newest build.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    30 May 2015 #7
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile

    I think my PC's bios is too old to allow installing from a flash drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved How to activate WIn10 Build 10240 CLean Install
I installed Build 10240 on a brand new SSD drive with no problems. However, Windows rejects the the activation code I found on another post in this forum: How to activate the latest Windows 10 build - Microsoft Community That post says...
Installation and Upgrade
Build 10074, clean SSD, stuck on just a moment after credentials
Hi all, first post here. Am trying to install build 10074 on a freshly formatted (no dual boot) 256GB SSD in my Dell XPS 12 via USB. I get through the installation, reboot, do the initial setup, provide my MS account, then get stuck. White...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Audio with Clean install build (10074) how to fix if you have probs
Hi there You might find after a NEW / Clean install you lose audio again. You probably need to do two things 1) Default audio seems to be re-set to Headphones -- change to Speakers or HDMI -- whatever you are using. 2) Disable all...
Drivers and Hardware
Build 10041 - Much better with CLEAN install via ISO
Hi there I've got better luck (Much better) using a CLEAN install -- Make the ISO as per Kari's tutorial then burn to bootable USB via Rufus (V2.0) and install. Note the ESD file is in a different directory see the threads in the tutorial --...
Windows Insider
Solved build 9879 clean install with duel boot.
HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums