Windows 10: My Fifth and Final Attempt to Upgrade Windows 7 Pro Solved

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

  1. Posts : 4,998
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       27 May 2015 #41

    Gary, I whole heartedly agree with your dislike of blank screens or screens with no activity. The installer should have a verbose mode that can be selected so it will tell you everything it is doing.

    Many future Win 10 owners are going to power off and on after waiting 20 or 30 minutes with no indication anything is happening. Then they will be in the middle of an upgrade and will not be able to move forward to complete it or backward to where they started.

    I believe this upgrade distribution process is going to be a nightmare and will generate lots of work for folks here on the forums and unfortunately a lot of bad feelings about Windows 10 in the general public. I'd love to be proven wrong but from what I've seen in the 10 forums I don't think I will be.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       27 May 2015 #42

    Thanks to all of you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       27 May 2015 #43

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Gary, I whole heartedly agree with your dislike of blank screens or screens with no activity. The installer should have a verbose mode that can be selected so it will tell you everything it is doing.

    Many future Win 10 owners are going to power off and on after waiting 20 or 30 minutes with no indication anything is happening. Then they will be in the middle of an upgrade and will not be able to move forward to complete it or backward to where they started.

    I believe this upgrade distribution process is going to be a nightmare and will generate lots of work for folks here on the forums and unfortunately a lot of bad feelings about Windows 10 in the general public. I'd love to be proven wrong but from what I've seen in the 10 forums I don't think I will be.

    This is going to be one very busy forum in about 6 weeks or so.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       28 May 2015 #44

    I am having way too much trouble with Windows 10. It Blue Screens all the time so I am going back to Windows 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       28 May 2015 #45

    Gary said: View Post
    I am having way too much trouble with Windows 10. It Blue Screens all the time so I am going back to Windows 7.
    Awwwwwwwwww, and after all that work! So, it looks like a clean install works best for you?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       28 May 2015 #46

    Gary said: View Post
    I am having way too much trouble with Windows 10. It Blue Screens all the time so I am going back to Windows 7.
    After all your work, it's frustrating to make that decision.

    Thanks again for going through the upgrade path. I'm sure MS collected some good information from your experience that will only make Win10 better.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Related Threads
I've removed the Windows 10 insider preview installation I had, and gone back to Windows 7. The preview I was running was a direct upgrade installation from Windows 7, and the Win 10 installation was listed as Activated in OS system details. ...
Microsoft has always tried to pick special numbers with meaning for the release to manufacturing of most major versions of Windows. Windows 95 used 4.00.950, Windows 98 used 4.10.1998, Windows Vista rounded off to 6.0.6000, and Windows XP settled on...
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone that has more experience and knowledge on W10 presently could shed some light for me. :) Right now there are only a few items(apps) that you can remove, like XBOX (for people that don't have it), news,...
Trying to dual boot build 10130 iso on a fresh install of 8.1. Received a message: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is not of the GPT partition style" Laptop is an Asus x550c. System recovery to Asus factory...
10 Final in General Support
Would it be a fair guess that when 10 is released we will not have to do a complete new install. I was thinking the last of the updates would be all that is required, like from 8 to 8.1. now i know that was a complete one but we lost none of our...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36.
Find Us