Windows 10: Re-upgrading from Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 11,223
    W10Prox64
       30 Aug 2016 #21

    ekendraed said: View Post
    Now want to find a way to schedule updates between midnight and 8 am.
    My 60GB package is divided 50:50 between low and peak usage periods.
    I find that the day time allocation finishes quickly (there 3 users at home) while the low night time allocation is not completely used.

    I gave gone to gpedit and set NOTIFY updates before downloading.

    Perhaps that is the best option?
    mmmm....The only thing I know about is setting a metered connection. Not sure I can help with that one. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a solution for you.

    Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    Ethernet Connection - Set as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    Device Software over Metered Connection - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    30 Aug 2016 #22

    I have done this. Hope it will be successful.

    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/make-w...indows-updates
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11,223
    W10Prox64
       30 Aug 2016 #23

    ekendraed said: View Post
    I have done this. Hope it will be successful.

    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/make-w...indows-updates
    I hope so too!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Aug 2016 #24

    ekendraed said: View Post
    I have done this. Hope it will be successful.

    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/make-w...indows-updates
    That is option one here as well,

    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    30 Aug 2016 #25

    Unfortunately did not work. I have come to the end of my Internet download quota for the month and would have to buy more GB.
    For now I will use the mobile phone mibile data free package till 1st September.

    Despite the gpedit.msc Windows 10 had done a download ��
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    31 Aug 2016 #26

    Thank you. Will read file tomorrow 1st September after Download quota has been restored.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    31 Aug 2016 #27

    ekendraed said: View Post
    Unfortunately did not work. I have come to the end of my Internet download quota for the month and would have to buy more GB.
    For now I will use the mobile phone mibile data free package till 1st September.

    Despite the gpedit.msc Windows 10 had done a download ��
    Understand that it will take some time to kick in
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,892
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Aug 2016 #28

    Good to hear it's coming along
    For more in depth on how to calibrate, and if you have a BluRay player, you can download a free calibration disk here too.

    AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

    I used it with my friends Spyder 5 from data color. but you can also do it visually, it's not as exact, but you can get in the ballpark.
    For color, if you don't have a colorimeter(and most people don't) you would need a special Blue filter, my TV/monitor has a digital one built in, but a plastic one you can get on the net, are just as good.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    31 Aug 2016 #29

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Good to hear it's coming along
    For more in depth on how to calibrate, and if you have a BluRay player, you can download a free calibration disk here too.

    AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

    I used it with my friends Spyder 5 from data color. but you can also do it visually, it's not as exact, but you can get in the ballpark.
    For color, if you don't have a colorimeter(and most people don't) you would need a special Blue filter, my TV/monitor has a digital one built in, but a plastic one you can get on the net, are just as good.
    Thank you. Will give it a try although I do not have a Blue Ray
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,892
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Aug 2016 #30

    ekendraed said: View Post
    Thank you. Will give it a try although I do not have a Blue Ray
    You can use MP4 too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Related Threads
Switched over to a 120gb ssd today on my gateway NV53 and did a fresh install of windows 7 (downloaded ISO and installed from usb). I decided to update to win10 from the microsoft website. It downloaded and installed well, but now it's been stuck on...
Hopefully somebody here can help me. I've looked around everywhere to find a solution for this issue, but this problem differs from all the threads you can find in many forums around there: it already worked well for me :sleepy: My problem: I...
as in the title, i just got this blue screen for two days straight, and the things im doing just before bsod occured : 1. use handbrake (video encoding app) 2. use mkvtoolnix (to merge subtitle into my vid) and the bsod is random, sometime...
I originally upgraded to Win 10 over Win 8.1 when it first came out. Recently it started to slow up and I decided to reinstall from a DVD which I'd burnt as ISO disc from Win10 software from Microsoft download site. I had also saved the product...
Windows 10 32bit vs 64bit in General Support
Hey guys, Today i go reinstalling ntb HP 15-r008nc and here its original preinstalled OS (Windows 8.1 with Bing 64Bit) Ntb have 4GB ram, intel celeron n2840 @ 2.16Ghz.. My question is which version of OS you recommend. Windows 10 32bit or 64...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56.
Find Us