Windows 10: reset computer Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    09 Aug 2016 #1

    reset computer


    Hello to all.
    Purchased an HP desktop w/ windows 8.1
    Ugraded to Windows 10 (free)
    Created dvd disks (4) to reset in case needed
    Had problems to start the computer (HPSF.exe This application could not be started)
    Decided to reset the computer but by mistake used the HD partition (Recovery Image) instead of the DVD disks and ended up with windows 8.1 again.
    Read the HP directives on how to reboot and use the DVD disks like this:
    Insert 1st disk in DVD slot
    Close computer
    Turn on and keep pressing Esc until you get a window "Startup Menu
    Choose F9 "Boot Device Options
    Select the DVD Drive etc ...

    And the problem is: I don't have this option

    Please assist if possible with thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    09 Aug 2016 #2

    nickintrouble said: View Post
    Hello to all.
    Purchased an HP desktop w/ windows 8.1
    Ugraded to Windows 10 (free)
    Created dvd disks (4) to reset in case needed
    Had problems to start the computer (HPSF.exe This application could not be started)
    Decided to reset the computer but by mistake used the HD partition (Recovery Image) instead of the DVD disks and ended up with windows 8.1 again.
    Read the HP directives on how to reboot and use the DVD disks like this:
    Insert 1st disk in DVD slot
    Close computer
    Turn on and keep pressing Esc until you get a window "Startup Menu
    Choose F9 "Boot Device Options
    Select the DVD Drive etc ...

    And the problem is: I don't have this option

    Please assist if possible with thanks
    Hi nickintrouble and welcome to Tenforums.

    You can download W10 and install it directly. Don't enter a keycode if it asks for one (it shouldn't, as W8.1 stored that info in the BIOS).

    Windows 10 ISO
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    09 Aug 2016 #3

    simrick said: View Post
    Hi nickintrouble and welcome to Tenforums.

    You can download W10 and install it directly. Don't enter a keycode if it asks for one (it shouldn't, as W8.1 stored that info in the BIOS).

    Windows 10 ISO
    Thank you simrick I take it I have to download this from the Microsoft site? Please correct me if wrong and thanks again
    Got it now have to use the link you provide Windows 10 ISO (thanks)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    09 Aug 2016 #4

    nickintrouble said: View Post
    Thank you simrick I take it I have to download this from the Microsoft site? Please correct me if wrong and thanks again
    Got it now have to use the link you provide Windows 10 ISO (thanks)
    Yep. Good luck. Please ask if you have any questions.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    10 Aug 2016 #5

    Clean Install will be a better option.. Bloatware from HP, Dell or any other manufacturer may cause installation to interrupt.. update process.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    10 Aug 2016 #6

    simrick said: View Post
    Yep. Good luck. Please ask if you have any questions.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    well all is well and I run Windows 10 now.
    Downloaded an extra ISO file just in case but it does not fit a 16 GB nor a 32 GB USB stick and yet the file is just 4GB
    Anyhow thanks again for your help
    Cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    10 Aug 2016 #7

    nickintrouble said: View Post
    well all is well and I run Windows 10 now.
    Downloaded an extra ISO file just in case but it does not fit a 16 GB nor a 32 GB USB stick and yet the file is just 4GB
    Anyhow thanks again for your help
    Cheers
    Great news! Listen, take your ISO and use RUFUS to make your USB stick, then, after you verify your system boots to it, tuck it away.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    10 Aug 2016 #8

    simrick said: View Post
    Great news! Listen, take your ISO and use RUFUS to make your USB stick, then, after you verify your system boots to it, tuck it away.
    I'll do this first thing tomorrow. Thanks again simrick
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    10 Aug 2016 #9

    nickintrouble said: View Post
    I'll do this first thing tomorrow. Thanks again simrick
    Sounds good. Let us know if you run into any problems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    10 Aug 2016 #10

    simrick said: View Post
    Sounds good. Let us know if you run into any problems.
    I'll post the results late tomorrow
    Thanks again
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I restarted my computer and it's stuck on this screen that has a Dell logo and below it is a bar that is not loading. It's stuck. It's been like that for a few hours and I don't know how to fix the problem.
Hi everyone , could this be a policy , or do I have to unjoin the computer from domain? Thank you;)
Reset this computer in Installation and Upgrade
So Im trying to reboot my windows 10 laptop and i can get to this screen just fine69283 but whenever I click get started nothing happens. So I tried doing it another way to see if I could get a message telling me what was wrong and a message saying:...
My computer (which had Windows 10) crashed and I had to completely reinstall Windows starting with Windows 8. I have just finished putting Windows 8.1 on my pc but now can't figure out how to get 10 back. Advice???
Hello, I've searched dozens of posts about the "reset loop" problem but most seem to involve upgraded computers and none exactly describe my situation. I would appreciate any help you could provide. Computer - HP Envy x360 Laptop, i5...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums