Infinite Reboot Loop


  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #1

    Infinite Reboot Loop


    Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10.

    Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop.

    Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop.

    When I do a clean install it goes through & works but then starts with the loop.

    I tried to use repair but no joy.

    I can boot using Safe Mode in 7.

    I deleted some of the partitions before doing a clean install.

    Any thoughts and help much appreciated.
      My Computer

  2. aardvark's Avatar
    Posts : 164
    Pro x64 Desktop v1607 14393.51, Home x64 Laptop v1607 14393.51
       #2

    bwfc0907 said:
    I deleted some of the partitions before doing a clean install.
    You really haven't provided enough information. For example, is it a laptop or desktop? Win 7 OEM or Retail? So, lacking all that information, I would suggest "deleting all partitions" when doing a clean install of Win 7 to make it a true clean install.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    aardvark said:
    You really haven't provided enough information. For example, is it a laptop or desktop? Win 7 OEM or Retail? So, lacking all that information, I would suggest "deleting all partitions" when doing a clean install of Win 7 to make it a true clean install.
    It's an Oem version of 7 that was updated through Microsoft to 10.
    Desktop PC.
    I deleted all partitions that it would allow.
    Windows is installed on a 1TB HDD & I also have a 3TB HDD that I retain all my photos/docs on.

    Any help appreciated.
      My Computer

  4. aardvark's Avatar
    Posts : 164
    Pro x64 Desktop v1607 14393.51, Home x64 Laptop v1607 14393.51
       #4

    bwfc0907 said:
    I deleted all partitions that it would allow.
    During a clean install, you should be able to delete all partitions. That would take your drive down to a 100% unallocated state; however, this would nullify any OEM key or recovery functionality that was present before the clean install. See here for more information:

    Clean Install Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    aardvark said:
    During a clean install, you should be able to delete all partitions. That would take your drive down to a 100% unallocated state; however, this would nullify any OEM key or recovery functionality that was present before the clean install. See here for more information:

    Clean Install Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    With having everything I need saved on the 3TB HDD I'm happy if I can start fresh & just fix it some how.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums