Windows 10: On vacation - any way to install W10 on home computers after 7/29?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    26 Jul 2016 #1

    On vacation - any way to install W10 on home computers after 7/29?


    didn't think about this before, but i am away from my home computers (both running 8.1) and won't be back until after 7/29. i am going to upgrade a desktop and laptop where i am now, but wanted to see if i would be able to upgrade the home computers when i return.

    does downloading the creation tool now offer any options to do this? any assistance is greatly appreciated. thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 12,385
    Windows 10 Pro
       26 Jul 2016 #2

    I'm sorry but you missed the train. Unless you have someone at home with access to your computers willing to do that for you, or an unrestricted remote access to your home computers, you have to pay for Windows 10.

    The free upgrade offer ends on Friday. That's it.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    26 Jul 2016 #3

    teb2500 said: View Post
    didn't think about this before, but i am away from my home computers (both running 8.1) and won't be back until after 7/29. i am going to upgrade a desktop and laptop where i am now, but wanted to see if i would be able to upgrade the home computers when i return.

    does downloading the creation tool now offer any options to do this? any assistance is greatly appreciated. thanks!
    You will need to buy it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 5,835
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       26 Jul 2016 #4

    And so it begins
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 12,385
    Windows 10 Pro
       26 Jul 2016 #5

    z3r010 said: View Post
    And so it begins
    Yes. Keenly waiting next week to see how many users forgot / missed / didn't realize MS meant what they said: One Year! It's such a short period, it could happen to anyone...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    26 Jul 2016 #6

    z3r010 said: View Post
    And so it begins
    I guess one year is not sufficient time for free offer!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 26
    Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium
       26 Jul 2016 #7

    flybynite said: View Post
    I guess one year is not sufficient time for free offer!
    Oh it might be, but remember upgrading an OS is NOT simple or easy, no matter how much MS said it was, plenty of customers have not been able to get the free upgrade to even work on PCs that was supposedly "ready" for Windows 10.
    It might be easy for geeks like us, but not for the general public. Plenty can go wrong and does, if you look at the forums here and MS Community there are tons of horror stories, that include the upgrade resulting in the bricking of the computer.

    I have heard that number of Windows 10 installations will NOT meet MS predicted estimates ...so I am guessing that
    at some point after the deadline they will once again offer a limited time extension to get Windows 10 free, perhaps around mid-late september.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    26 Jul 2016 #8

    z3r010 said: View Post
    And so it begins
    It sure did and sooner than I expected it.. after Friday it's going to be "fun" to see what happens.

    I'll have to stock up on the popcorn for me and my bunny.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    26 Jul 2016 #9

    legacy7955 said: View Post
    Oh it might be, but remember upgrading an OS is NOT simple or easy, no matter how much MS said it was, plenty of customers have not been able to get the free upgrade to even work on PCs that was supposedly "ready" for Windows 10.
    It might be easy for geeks like us, but not for the general public. Plenty can go wrong and does, if you look at the forums here and MS Community there are tons of horror stories, that include the upgrade resulting in the bricking of the computer.

    I have heard that number of Windows 10 installations will NOT meet MS predicted estimates ...so I am guessing that
    at some point after the deadline they will once again offer a limited time extension to get Windows 10 free, perhaps around mid-late september.
    The bricking issue occurred very early on in the development cycle of 10 and is no longer an issue. And there will be zero extension of the drop dead date of this coming Friday.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    26 Jul 2016 #10

    There ya go.. that's the countdown..
    Windows - Microsoft - Windows 10 Free Upgrade Remaining Days..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	92192


    [ug][/ug]
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
I've got a LAN in my home/office with 5 machines now running Win 10 and I've not been able to transfer files between them due to "permission problems". These were all running Win 7 and sharing files with no problems but now I'm blocked. I've made...
Hi, I have a desktop and a laptop setup at home, I have recently upgraded both to Windows 10. Both were previously running Windows 7 Home Premium and could identify each other on the network and I could access files on either PC from one or the...
Solved Re Install of windows 10 home in Installation and Upgrade
I got this desktop with windows 10 home pre installed when I bought it from Zoostorm computers. I have some small issues with it,As you may see one of my postings regarding problem with the mail app. Now my question is if and when I decide to do a...
I have 3 computers and only 1 of the three boots with a Clean windows 10 install. Samsung: 1 is a all in one Samsung 700A3D that the HDD went bust in. Referb: 2nd is an old custom build that use to run Raid 0 on the. Current: The third is a...
Hello I recently upgraded the 3 machines on my home network to windows 10 home. I am having frustrating issues with the network at the moment and would appreciate any help available. Currently when I open up "this PC" and click on network,...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:27.
Find Us