On vacation - any way to install W10 on home computers after 7/29?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 62
    Windows 10 Home /Windows 7 Home
       #11

    BunnyJ said:
    The bricking issue occurred very early on in the development cycle of 10 and is no longer an issue. And there will be zero extension of the drop dead date of this coming Friday.
    I still see users over on MS Community Forums complaining of bricked PCs in just the past several days not to mention the many that cannot get 10 to install and they end up with a endless loop scenario, or worse.

    Again if MS can't meet their promised user targets with 10 their shareholders won't be pleased, so I do believe that at some point they will offer it for free again, for a limited time.
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,010
    Windows10
       #12

    BunnyJ said:
    Of course, depending where you are in the world, you can get up to 24 (23?) hours extra eg Samoa (moved to other side of international dateline), but only 1 hour I think in Aleution Islands. In the UK, we get until 11 AM (BST) on Saturday according to this.
      My Computer

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #13

    cereberus said:
    Of course, depending where you are in the world, you can get up to 24 (23?) hours extra eg Samoa (moved to other side of international dateline), but only 1 hour I think in Aleution Islands. In the UK, we get until 11 AM (BST) on Saturday according to this.
    It looks as if MS decided to stop free upgrade offer at the same time around the world, when the last corners of the world finally come to Friday midnight. Last place to do that is Kirimati, time zone UTC +14.

    This means that for you in UK, BST being UTC +1 the free upgrade end as you said at 11 AM on Saturday, for me in Germany and CEST UTC +2 time it ends at noon on Saturday. For a New Yorker at 6 AM EDT Saturday morning, for the geeks coding Windows in Redmond at 3 AM PDT Saturday morning (although I doubt they get free upgrades from work ), for fellow geeks in New Zealand first at 10 PM NZST Saturday evening.

    Only place in the world where the free upgrade offer actually ends on Friday, at midnight, is Hawaii (UTC -10).
      My Computer

  4. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,727
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #14

    legacy7955 said:
    I still see users over on MS Community Forums complaining of bricked PCs in just the past several days not to mention the many that cannot get 10 to install and they end up with a endless loop scenario, or worse.

    Again if MS can't meet their promised user targets with 10 their shareholders won't be pleased, so I do believe that at some point they will offer it for free again, for a limited time.
    All I go by is what I see reported in this forum and to date the issue of bricked HDD is not coming up like it did a while back. And just how is giving more copies of 10 away going to make the shareholders happy. They want revenue coming in not freebies going out.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2
    8.1
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Wow! I thought it was a simple question and I appreciated the first couple of responses that answered it very succinctly. Glad I gave some people an opportunity to go off on a tangent. As someone pointed out, not everyone is glued to their computer and actively tracking a new windows rollout. Cut us some slack...

    Glad I joined the forum
      My Computer

  6. DeaconFrost's Avatar
    Posts : 1,363
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #16

    teb2500 said:
    As someone pointed out, not everyone is glued to their computer and actively tracking a new windows rollout. Cut us some slack...
    You're absolutely right, which is why it was offered for an entire year.
      My Computer

  7. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,727
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #17

    DeaconFrost said:
    You're absolutely right, which is why it was offered for an entire year.
    +1,, 366 whole days to get it done. It is a shame but everyone did have more than enough time to upgrade and get it for free.
      My Computer

  8. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,505
    Windows 10 Pro
       #18

    Yeah, but a whole year can sure go by quickly when you are saying to yourself, "I'm just going to do that next week, I've got plenty of time left...."
      My Computer

  9. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #19

    BunnyJ said:
    366 whole days to get it done..
    Just splitting a hair here: 367 days

    (Upgrade offer ends 10 AM UTC -10 Saturday the 30th, the moment last parts of the world come to Friday midnight, and 2016 is a leap year which adds an extra day.)
      My Computer

  10. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,727
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #20

    NavyLCDR said:
    Yeah, but a whole year can sure go by quickly when you are saying to yourself, "I'm just going to do that next week, I've got plenty of time left...."
    Yeah.. procrastination.. some peoples favorite hobby.

    Kari said:
    Just splitting a hair here: 367 days

    (Upgrade offer ends 10 AM UTC -10 Saturday the 30th, the moment last parts of the world come to Friday midnight, and 2016 is a leap year which adds an extra day.)
    Oh.. ok.,
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums