WIN 10 Installation Issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #11

    NavyLCDR said:

    Found it. Thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #12

    Okay! Are you going to use a flash drive or DVD for the install?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    8 gb thumb drive--downloading WIN 10 to it now.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #14

    RCAASTRO said:
    8 gb thumb drive--downloading WIN 10 to it now.
    Great. Please ask any questions from this tutorial before starting.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    I recommend you choose the custom install, and then you can delete all existing partitions, so you can install to a completely unallocated drive. I suspect you had partition size problems, which were preventing you from upgrading. Installing this way will set proper partitions for you.

    WIN 10 Installation Issues-custom-install.png

    WIN 10 Installation Issues-unallocated-drive-space.png
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #15

    I will be AFK for about an hour. @NavyLCDR will you be around for a bit for any questions? Thanks.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #16

    I'm about to go out in an hour or so for the rest of the evening myself--in spite of the heat and may suspend activities then. But I will ask if I have any Q's and you can reply tomorrow. I do have access to another pc while this one is transitioning. Thanks to everyone for the advice and guidance.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #17

    RCAASTRO said:
    I'm about to go out in an hour or so for the rest of the evening myself--in spite of the heat and may suspend activities then. But I will ask if I have any Q's and you can reply tomorrow. I do have access to another pc while this one is transitioning. Thanks to everyone for the advice and guidance.
    Sounds good. Have a great evening and we'll see you tomorrow! :)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    All's well that ends!
    But, how did I get there? Going back to window #4 above, I downloaded "Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First", printed it, read it thoroughly twice, and started, doing steps 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. At step 7 it says do a clean install... Assuming this meant from the USB drive created in step 2, I went there, clicked on Setup and away we went. I NEVER saw steps 8 through 12. Instead, it looked just like all of my other failed attempts, until I came to the screen that had two bullets to check that said something to the effect that 'save all apps and data'. I unchecked everything, got a warning that said that everything would be erased and lo and behold, WIN 10 is now the OS on this pc. Amazing, perhaps I should have done that earlier when I was attempting an upgrade from 7 to 10.
    I hope my experience is helpful to others and I want to thank SIMRICK and NAVYLCDR for your guidance and help.
    Consider this issue successfully SOLVED.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #19

    RCAASTRO said:
    All's well that ends!
    But, how did I get there? Going back to window #4 above, I downloaded "Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First", printed it, read it thoroughly twice, and started, doing steps 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. At step 7 it says do a clean install... Assuming this meant from the USB drive created in step 2, I went there, clicked on Setup and away we went. I NEVER saw steps 8 through 12. Instead, it looked just like all of my other failed attempts, until I came to the screen that had two bullets to check that said something to the effect that 'save all apps and data'. I unchecked everything, got a warning that said that everything would be erased and lo and behold, WIN 10 is now the OS on this pc. Amazing, perhaps I should have done that earlier when I was attempting an upgrade from 7 to 10.
    I hope my experience is helpful to others and I want to thank SIMRICK and NAVYLCDR for your guidance and help.
    Consider this issue successfully SOLVED.
    That's great news! Sorry about all the time you spent prior. Glad you've got things up and running. Please go ahead and mark the thread as solved. Cheers! :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums