Windows 10: How to create an install disk Solved

  1.    12 Jul 2016 #1

    How to create an install disk


    Hi

    I have searched the tutorials but cannot find a "how to" for creating a W10 Install disk, I installed W10 from the free online upgrade link.

    Would someone please post a link to a "how to"

    Thanks

    Daniel
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 172
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       12 Jul 2016 #2

    I would like to know that also. Until Windows 10 for many years I have always had a physical install disc. Not having one now makes me nervous.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,887
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       12 Jul 2016 #3

    Hello,

    If you like, you could create a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    12 Jul 2016 #4

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello,

    If you like, you could create a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    Thanks Brink but I am much happier with a DVD Disk as I have proper storage facilities for them, USB's
    tend to get lost round here.

    Cheers

    Daniel
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Jul 2016 #5

    daniellouwrens said: View Post
    Thanks Brink but I am much happier with a DVD Disk as I have proper storage facilities for them, USB's
    tend to get lost round here.

    Cheers

    Daniel
    Download the ISO file using either the Media Creation Tool (and the save ISO file for DVD option), or from Microsoft Tech Bench. In Windows 10 right click on the ISO file and select Burn disc image.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 172
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       12 Jul 2016 #6

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello,

    If you like, you could create a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    I did that yesterday actually, and burned to a USB flash drive. So if my Win 10 fails, all I have to do is boot up on the USB and I am back to a clean install of W 10. Seems simple. Correct?

    I assume that what will be installed will be a clean W 10, like installing it by buying W 10 - no programs, nor settings (except default). Correct?

    The problem with re-installation solutions is that it is not possible to test whether what has been set up, ready for a failure, will actually work, without overwriting your (still working normally) setup. I guess that is inevitable (but I have heard of a virtual computer setup that could run in parallel for testing, but that perhaps is being over cautious).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Jul 2016 #7

    Stevekir said: View Post
    I did that yesterday actually, and burned to a USB flash drive. So if my Win 10 fails, all I have to do is boot up on the USB and I am back to a clean install of W 10. Seems simple. Correct?
    Correct

    Stevekir said: View Post
    I assume that what will be installed will be a clean W 10, like installing it by buying W 10 - no programs, nor settings (except default). Correct?
    Also correct.

    Stevekir said: View Post
    The problem with re-installation solutions is that it is not possible to test whether what has been set up, ready for a failure, will actually work, without overwriting your (still working normally) setup. I guess that is inevitable (but I have heard of a virtual computer setup that could run in parallel for testing, but that perhaps is being over cautious).
    Boot the computer from your installation media. When you get to the screen that asks for an Upgrade install or a custom install, select custom install. The next screen should present a list of hard drives installed and the partitions on the hard drives. Then you can remove the installation media and reboot your computer. That will at least tell you the computer will boot from it and see your drives.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    14 Jul 2016 #8

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Download the ISO file using either the Media Creation Tool (and the save ISO file for DVD option), or from Microsoft Tech Bench. In Windows 10 right click on the ISO file and select Burn disc image.
    Hi

    I did that and all is good, up and running again.

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers

    Daniel
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 20,887
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       14 Jul 2016 #9

    Great news.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 172
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       14 Jul 2016 #10

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Correct


    Correct.


    Boot the computer from your installation media. When you get to the screen that asks for an Upgrade install or a custom install, select custom install. The next screen should present a list of hard drives installed and the partitions on the hard drives. Then you can remove the installation media and reboot your computer. That will at least tell you the computer will boot from it and see your drives.
    Thanks. Very clear and helpful.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Help, how to create factory image disk? in Installation and Upgrade
First of all, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. My device is a ASUS K55vd notebook. When I was running on windows 7 I successfully created a factory image disk via ASUS ai recovery application (a five bootable disk). Then I decided to upgrade...
Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB in Performance & Maintenance
I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this?
I created ISO disks for both my 32 bit and 64 bit systems at the MS download site. If I use the ISO disk instead of the Windows Update method, does the install still create the W7 image in case I want to go back to W7 after installing W10? Also,...
Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation in Performance & Maintenance
Have a new Double Power 8.1 Tablet that I've upgraded to Win 10. Now I've got it set up just right, I'm attempting to create a Rescue Disk. Purchased a 16gb micro-usb drive which is successfully recognized. Ran 'Create Rescue Disk' from Windows...
Hi all I've done the free update today from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I'm guessing if I reset my laptop to factory settings I would be back on windows 8 and after the free download period is up I wouldn't be able to update to windows 10 again....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34.
Find Us