Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    27 Jun 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1

    This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."


    Hi there,
    When i try to upgrade W7 to W10 I get the no NX message.
    I've run CoreInfo and my CPU supports NX, SEE2 e.t.c mentioned on plenty of google search pages.
    My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300
    CPU is a Intel T9550,
    Have no idea what the motherboard is.
    The Phoenix Bios is very limited surrounding CPU features,
    I have execute-Disable bit capability enabled,
    Intel Virtualization Tech enabled, tried disabled as well.

    A link to my laptop specs
    Support :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more


    Help, I've tried all sorts of suggestions, has anyone overcome this problem?
    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    27 Jun 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,551
    Windows 10 Pro

    Have you tried 32 bit Windows 10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    28 Jun 2016 #3
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,647
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    Mysterious.

    Based on the available downloads, it appears that Toshiba supports Win 8.1 X64 on the laptop, which means that Win 10 X64 probably should be OK.

    How are you doing the upgrade? If it's through Windows Update, maybe you'd have better luck with the Media Creation Tool or an .ISO download. See the tutorials for details.

    Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Jun 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
    Thread Starter

    My Win 7 is 32 bit, I run the following command to no avail
    schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

    Then I've looked at the "Data Execution Prevention" tab under performance options and noticed that it states that my laptop supports DEP,
    so I've just ticked the "Turn on DEP for all programs" check box, and am currently running the upgrade again, I'll post the results

    This time I got up to about 80%
    and came back with a page fault in non paged area pssnap.sys
    did some research and found other people with win10 upgrade issues surrounding this file had macrium reflect installed, I've just uninstalled it and currently running the upgrade from a dvd, well see.
    Last edited by bridgeworks; 29 Jun 2016 at 06:30.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Jun 2016 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
    Thread Starter

    upgrade background. At First i tried the w10 updrade icon, then i downloaded the media creation tool and burned a dvd, run the upgrade a few time and got part way thru before getting the OxC1900101-0x20017, followed by .....-0x40017, so I unplugged the wifi card, second hdd, uninistall heaps of 3rd party software, rebooted a few times and tried again, just kept failing. I then restored by backup image, left the hardware disconnected tried again, then posted this thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Jun 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeworks View Post
    Hi there,
    When i try to upgrade W7 to W10 I get the no NX message.
    I've run CoreInfo and my CPU supports NX, SEE2 e.t.c mentioned on plenty of google search pages.
    My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300
    CPU is a Intel T9550,
    Have no idea what the motherboard is.
    The Phoenix Bios is very limited surrounding CPU features,
    I have execute-Disable bit capability enabled,
    Intel Virtualization Tech enabled, tried disabled as well.

    A link to my laptop specs
    Support :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more


    Help, I've tried all sorts of suggestions, has anyone overcome this problem?
    Thanks
    Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

    • In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

    • Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.

    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

    Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

    When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

    To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

    There's a BIOS update 3.4 on the site, but you need to know the architecture of the board - the Speccy will tell you.

    I don't know how Toshiba flashes BIOS - but the bit-depth of Windows shouldn't really mattet unless they use a flash utility or limit what is accessible based on bit-depth. It's hardware before Windows - Sheesh!

    The good news is that all Windows editions/bit-depth BIOSes are the same version 3.4

    Don't do anything until someone looks at the Speccy and what you fill in on your specs.
    You might not need to update the BIOS

    Since you have Win7 32-bit, you can only upgrade to Win10 32-bit.

    After upgrading you can Clean install with the 64-bit media, but you cannot upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Jul 2016 #7
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
    Thread Starter

    uninstalling macrium reflect didn't help, still a page fault in non paged area pssnap.sys
    Thanks Slartybart for the speccy advise here's the link to my system
    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/v...YZeez7nntJkHgi
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    01 Jul 2016 #8
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,378
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

    • In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.
    • Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.

    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

    Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

    When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

    To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

    There's a BIOS update 3.4 on the site, but you need to know the architecture of the board - the Speccy will tell you.

    I don't know how Toshiba flashes BIOS - but the bit-depth of Windows shouldn't really mattet unless they use a flash utility or limit what is accessible based on bit-depth. It's hardware before Windows - Sheesh!

    The good news is that all Windows editions/bit-depth BIOSes are the same version 3.4

    Don't do anything until someone looks at the Speccy and what you fill in on your specs.
    You might not need to update the BIOS

    Since you have Win7 32-bit, you can only upgrade to Win10 32-bit.

    After upgrading you can Clean install with the 64-bit media, but you cannot upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit.
    Assuming OP can solve NX isssue, no need to upgrade to 32 bit first. Simply install 64bit and use 7 key to activate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    01 Jul 2016 #9
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Assuming OP can solve NX isssue, no need to upgrade to 32 bit first. Simply install 64bit and use 7 key to activate.
    Good suggestion, but ... It's a 32-bit machine

    Speccy:
    - Machine Variables
    --- PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86
    --- PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    01 Jul 2016 #10
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,378
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Good suggestion, but ... It's a 32-bit machine

    Speccy:
    - Machine Variables
    --- PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86
    --- PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel
    So why did you say upgrade to windows 10 32 bit then clean install 64bit unless you determined that after you posted?

    I was just responding to your statement!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Install fails my computer "doesn't support NX"
A while back I successfully upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and then reverted back to Windows 7, with no problems. Today, I created a new partition and attempted to do a clean install of Windows 10, using a flash drive. Install failed, with the...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Trying to use the Backup feature but "No usable drives found"
I have a fairly new Seagate 3TB USB3.0 drive that I've been using as a data backup on my desktop. I've been just copying stuff over to the drive once a month or so, but decided that I may as well use the backup feature in windows 10. However, I'm...
Backup and Restore
What is the "slow processor" feature?
Hello! While using Aida64, a utility that give details about hardware and software, I noticed the "slow processor" in Operating System Features: 53596 What is this? Is this applicable in Windows 10? Assuming it can help performance in...
Performance & Maintenance
Rash of "Windows Command Processor has stopped working"
On every reboot I get a rash of "Windows Command Processor has stopped working" popups; four or more. I'm fairly certain that two of these are related to Chrome Desktop Application shortcuts. The commands issued are of the form: C:\Program...
Software and Apps
Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"
As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user controlled tool that sets a "this is home unless I say otherwise?" Map and shopping websites...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums