Delete Boot Info

  1. bjproc's Avatar
    Posts : 80
    Win 10 Pro
       #1

    Delete Boot Info


    I have upgradede my PC

    installed win10 onto a new HDD

    i just connected up the 2 spare HDD's in me case, but 1 must have had a copy of win 10 in it.

    after booting up for the first time, it asked me for a password, which it said was wrong

    i was able to click into my account hotmail email log in to win 10 and log in with the correct password.

    now, with all the other drives disconnected, i am still as getting the wrong password error, but i see on the bottom left of my screen i have 2 options to log in.
    if i pick the one with my hotmail email addy i can log in ok.


    is there a way to delete this other boot info?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,133
       #2

    I think downloading and installing EasyBCD will help; however, let somebody who is well-versed in EasyBCD usage guide you! Me? I'n still learning as a beginner this EasyBCD.
      My Computer

  3. Arc's Avatar
    Arc
    Posts : 1,626
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       #3
      My Computer

  4. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 13,365
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    The OP is confusing multiple users with dual booting. Notice bjproc doesn't want to remove a boot menu entry, he (she?) wants to remove a username entry:

    bjproc said:
    now, with all the other drives disconnected, i am still as getting the wrong password error, but i see on the bottom left of my screen i have 2 options to log in.
    if i pick the one with my hotmail email addy i can log in ok.

    is there a way to delete this other boot info?
    Press Win key + R to open a run dialog box. Run netplwiz

    How many users are shown in the netplwiz window?
      My Computer

  5. bjproc's Avatar
    Posts : 80
    Win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    well, things didn't go to plan, i've used EasyBcd before, backing up etc, well, this muppet deleted in a wee bit of haste!

    tried repairing and using the command pronmt, bootrec /repairbcd etc

    nothing!

    just wiped the drive and starting again, it was only installed a few days ago so it wasn't really set up as the way i would use it.

    i'll just have to pull the 2 spare drives and connect through a caddy to see the right storage drive then wipe the drive with the OS
      My Computer

  6. bjproc's Avatar
    Posts : 80
    Win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #6

    NavyLCDR said:
    The OP is confusing multiple users with dual booting. Notice bjproc doesn't want to remove a boot menu entry, he (she?) wants to remove a username entry:



    Press Win key + R to open a run dialog box. Run netplwiz

    How many users are shown in the netplwiz window?
    i'm a he

    i'm sure it picked up one of the spare drives that had a preview of 10 on it, that i disconnected last year and forgot it was on
    hense it was picking up a dual boot, once disconnected, it still asked me what account i wanted to load/boot from
      My Computer

  7. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 13,365
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7

    bjproc said:
    i'm a he

    i'm sure it picked up one of the spare drives that had a preview of 10 on it, that i disconnected last year and forgot it was on
    hense it was picking up a dual boot, once disconnected, it still asked me what account i wanted to load/boot from
    If it asks which OPERATING SYSTEM you want to boot from, then it is dual booting (for example the choices might be Windows 10 and Windows 10 Preview). If it is asking which USER ACCOUNT you want to log in with, then the computer has completed booting and the operating system is already loaded.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums