Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    17 May 2016 #11
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Run the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the elevated command prompt.
    It will say operation successful.
    Then run sfc /scannow again.
    This time it will say found corrupt files and repair is successful.

    See my screenshot.........................

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sfc ok now.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	80387
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 May 2016 #12

    I have a similar problem and the command returned this error:

    C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0


    Image Version: 10.0.10586.0


    [==========================100.0%==========================]


    Error: 0x800f081f


    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.


    The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log


    C:\Windows\system32>
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    17 May 2016 #13
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
    I have a similar problem and the command returned this error:
    See my reply..................post #3.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 May 2016 #14
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Run the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the elevated command prompt.
    It will say operation successful.
    Then run sfc /scannow again.
    This time it will say found corrupt files and repair is successful.

    See my screenshot.........................

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sfc ok now.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	80387
    Done that and it says the restore operation completed successfully.. then i did the sfc /scannow but it says its still "unable to fix some of them" ... any ideas?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 May 2016 #15
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm353 View Post
    Done that and it says the restore operation completed successfully.. then i did the sfc /scannow but it says its still "unable to fix some of them" ... any ideas?
    No. I am out of ideas.
    Sorry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 May 2016 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm353 View Post
    Done that and it says the restore operation completed successfully.. then i did the sfc /scannow but it says its still "unable to fix some of them" ... any ideas?
    One thing slipped my mind........................
    Which version is your Windows 10 ?
    Is it 10586.318 or 10586.218 ?

    If you have 10586.218, there is problem in sfc /scannow which will give you " corrupt files found but unable to do repair " message no matter what.
    Microsoft is aware of the issue and is said to be working on it.
    Please read this thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4dadd8b?auth=1

    In the new version, 10586.318, that sfc issue appears to have been fixed. At least it is fixed in my computer.

    To find out which Win 10 version you have:
    In the search box, type winver > Enter.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 May 2016 #17
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    One thing slipped my mind........................
    Which version is your Windows 10 ?
    Is it 10586.318 or 10586.218 ?

    If you have 10586.218, there is problem in sfc /scannow which will give you " corrupt files found but unable to do repair " message no matter what.
    Microsoft is aware of the issue and is said to be working on it.
    Please read this thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4dadd8b?auth=1

    In the new version, 10586.318, that sfc issue appears to have been fixed. At least it is fixed in my computer.

    To find out which Win 10 version you have:
    In the search box, type winver > Enter.
    It is version 10586.318, so im lost now
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 May 2016 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm353 View Post
    It is version 10586.318, so im lost now
    You already have the iso downloaded from Tech Bench. yes ?
    If so, please do a Repair Install...................
    Go back to the folder where the iso file is saved at > right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Follow the prompts.
    You are allowed to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved SFC some corrupt files can not be fixed
Recently did a clean install of threshold2 build 10586.3 and happen to run System File Checker and received that some corrupt files could not be fixed. CBS.log showed these files that showed as a mismatch. 2015-11-14 13:59:45, Info ...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved WIndows resource protection has found some corrupt files... No Fix
Hello, I have tried to run sfc/ scannow and it gives me the notification that: WIndows resource protection has found some corrupt files but is unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log. Is it ok to post the log here so...
Performance & Maintenance
BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC
Hi everyone, I keep getting blue screens randomly with different messages, including KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and more. It doesn't seem to be associated with any particular app or thing that I do. This morning, I woke up to...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Found corrupt files (SFC scan)
Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Full DISM log:...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files.
Hi, just wanted to know what should one do if one gets the error and how does one troubleshoot it properly? I looked up the log on my system but it's just a really big lump of text.
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums