windows 8 upgrade issue Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    16 May 2016 #1

    windows 8 upgrade issue


    Hi All, i recently upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8 pro so i can get windows 10 pro but whenever i run the setup file, it only allow to install windows 10 home. Even if i use the media tools and create a windows 10 pro USB, it still show as windows 10 home.

    Anyway to fix this problem? Not sure what i need to do in order to get to windows 10 Pro. Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,251
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       16 May 2016 #2

    Do you have the Win 8 Pro product key ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 May 2016 #3

    i bought the windows 8 upgrade pro pack. Went to add features and put in the new pro pack product key and it turn to windows 8 pro.
    the card says windows 8 pro pack product key, guessing that's the 8 pro key?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,251
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       16 May 2016 #4

    refresheric said: View Post
    i bought the windows 8 upgrade pro pack. Went to add features and put in the new pro pack product key and it turn to windows 8 pro.
    the card says windows 8 pro pack product key, guessing that's the 8 pro key?
    Yes, that is your win 8 pro product key.

    OK. Are you now back to Win 8 Pro or are you now running Windows 10 Home ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 May 2016 #5

    davidhk said: View Post
    Yes, that is your win 8 pro product key.

    OK. Are you now back to Win 8 Pro or are you now running Windows 10 Home ?
    still running windows 8 pro, i cancel it when i saw is going to install windows 10 home.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,251
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       16 May 2016 #6

    Go ahead and let it install to Windows 10 Home.
    Make sure the Windows 10 Home is activated.

    Once that is done, follow this ............................

    Left click at Start button > left side, select Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Activation > click Change product key > now enter this generic Pro product key...............VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

    That will start changing your Win 10 Home to Pro, but not activated.

    When that is completed, you can enter your Win 8 Pro product key to activate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 May 2016 #7

    davidhk said: View Post
    Go ahead and let it install to Windows 10 Home.
    Make sure the Windows 10 Home is activated.

    Once that is done, follow this ............................

    Left click at Start button > left side, select Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Activation > click Change product key > now enter this generic Pro product key...............VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

    That will start changing your Win 10 Home to Pro, but not activated.

    When that is completed, you can enter your Win 8 Pro product key to activate.
    Thanks davidhk, doing this right now. Will let you know if it works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,251
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       16 May 2016 #8

    refresheric said: View Post
    Thanks davidhk, doing this right now. Will let you know if it works.
    Good luck.

    If you post back and require my reply, you will most likely have to wait.
    It is 11:44 pm in my time zone.
    Last edited by davidhk; 17 May 2016 at 03:41.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    16 May 2016 #9

    davidhk said: View Post
    Good luck.

    If you post back and require my reply, you will mostly like have to wait.
    It is 11:44 pm in my time zone.
    No worries. Not that urgent anyway, as long as i can get the free upgrade before deal end will be fine.
    Didn't think it will be so complicated to get it going.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 May 2016 #10

    davidhk said: View Post
    Go ahead and let it install to Windows 10 Home.
    Make sure the Windows 10 Home is activated.

    Once that is done, follow this ............................

    Left click at Start button > left side, select Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Activation > click Change product key > now enter this generic Pro product key...............VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

    That will start changing your Win 10 Home to Pro, but not activated.

    When that is completed, you can enter your Win 8 Pro product key to activate.
    Thanks davidhk, is working now!!! Appreciate your help on this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue in Installation and Upgrade
So I I've upgraded to Win10 on my main desktop, laptop, and my wife's laptop without issue. My wife's aunt was having some problems with her laptop so I took it, cleaned it up a bit and started the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I started the...
So instead of sleeping started digging into upgrading to windows 10. Dug through forums but could not find any active threads. Long story short. 1 Windows update did not want to run 2 Ran stc/scanow-fixed the one issue there. (Pulled...
Windows 10 Upgrade / Rebuild Issue in Installation and Upgrade
Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 device. After I upgraded I came across an issue with a driver (or similar) which meant that my machine was unable to boot into Windows. The only options were for me to rebuild the machine and...
I upgraded my lenovo laptop T440p from windows 8 to windows 10 last week, for so reason I'm having thousands of upgrade folder in my C: every seconds new one's are created. any help would be appreciated. 31023
How to fix no Wi-Fi available issue after Windows 10 upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:37.
Find Us