Windows 10 upgrade error 0xc1900101-0x30018 is back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #1

    Windows 10 upgrade error 0xc1900101-0x30018 is back.


    Don't know what program/driver/windows update is causing it. This could be an issue for upgrading. There is one other method I haven't tried. See, Microsoft wants you to upgrade to the free version. Looks more like I will be sticking with the windows 7. If you can't use it, you can't upgrade. You would figure Microsoft would know what they are doing, but I am not so sure.

    Is windows 10 required to be installed on the 1st partition, this could be issue as well because some Oem use the 1st primary partitions.

    This method I haven't tried
    Install Clean windows 7
    Install Chipset drivers
    Then install Ethernet drive
    Then install windows 10.
    Then install all your software

    I haven't tested this build in a virtual machine either.
      My Computer

  2. Lee's Avatar
    Lee
    Posts : 4,793
    OS X, Win 10
       #2

    Hmmmmm!. . .I wouldn't jump to conclusions as of yet there Groze. There is still time for MS to fix whatever problems you seem to have been able to identify. At this point I am still looking at staying with Win 8.1 on my main computer, and using the free on my old Dell with the OEM upgraded to the free copy of win 10.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Lee said:
    Hmmmmm!. . .I wouldn't jump to conclusions as of yet there Groze. There is still time for MS to fix whatever problems you seem to have been able to identify. At this point I am still looking at staying with Win 8.1 on my main computer, and using the free on my old Dell with the OEM upgraded to the free copy of win 10.
    @Lee
    I noticed in a couple of threads people are not being able to upgrade to the build or even able to do clean install but each got different error.



    I even read one post that chucksum was not correct.
    Last edited by groze; 28 Mar 2015 at 17:47.
      My Computer

  4. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #4

    groze said:
    @Lee
    I noticed in a couple of threads people are not being able to upgrade to the build or even able to do clean install but each got different error. I even read one post that chucksum was not correct.
    The person had a bad download and that's why he had the issue. It had nothing to do with Win10. In addition.. you just jump to conclusions to fast.. give MS time to get the bugs out before you judge what Win10 will and can do. But if you want to keep Win7.. please do.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    BunnyJ said:
    The person had a bad download and that's why he had the issue. It had nothing to do with Win10. In addition.. you just jump to conclusions to fast.. give MS time to get the bugs out before you judge what Win10 will and can do. But if you want to keep Win7.. please do.
    I wasn't just referring to just that post. I was also referring to this thread, where a few people had install or upgrade issues.
      My Computer

  6. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #6

    groze said:
    I wasn't just referring to just that post. I was also referring to this thread, where a few people had install or upgrade issues.
    When the RTM comes out you just might have to skip Win10 due to your hardware issues. My hardware is only about a year or so old and WIn10 installs/works just fine. Let's face it.. some hardware will just not work with Win10 no matter what we/you do.. I had that issue with my previous PC where I couldn't use WIn8/Win8.1.1 due to issues with the chip-set not being current enough.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    BunnyJ said:
    When the RTM comes out you just might have to skip Win10 due to your hardware issues. My hardware is only about a year or so old and WIn10 installs/works just fine. Let's face it.. some hardware will just not work with Win10 no matter what we/you do.. I had that issue with my previous PC where I couldn't use WIn8/Win8.1.1 due to issues with the chip-set not being current enough.
    Yeah, I know but previous builds worked. I know I tried a couple of them and even upgraded without an issue. I suspect somethings with this new build as you can see by the questions I posted in that thread. However, those are just theories or hypothesis.
      My Computer

  8. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #8

    groze said:
    Yeah, I know but previous builds worked. I know I tried a couple of them and one even upgrade without an issue. I suspect somethings with this new build as you can see by the questions I posted in that thread. However, those are just theories or hypothesis.
    I know that I had to ditch my old graphic card due to issues setting the BIOS to secure boot mode. When I did that I was able to update to Win10 10041. But I knew that I had that issue because when I installed WIn8.1 I had a message on my desktop saying that there was an issue.

    I suspect that with this build MS had modified the requirements so that it made issues in your case. What happens when you perform a clean install? And, yes I know you want to perform and update from Win7 but it would eliminate the hardware as an issue.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    BunnyJ said:
    I know that I had to ditch my old graphic card due to issues setting the BIOS to secure boot mode. When I did that I was able to update to Win10 10041. But I knew that I had that issue because when I installed WIn8.1 I had a message on my desktop saying that there was an issue.

    I suspect that with this build MS had modified the requirements so that it made issues in your case. What happens when you perform a clean install? And, yes I know you want to perform and update from Win7 but it would eliminate the hardware as an issue.
    @BunnyJ

    Your old graphics card wouldn't happened to be intel hd graphics would it?
      My Computer

  10. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #10

    Question?? When you did the update from WIn7 to Win10 b10041 did it work right off the bat or did you get any errors?? And then what did you do between the time it worked and you started to get the error messages?? If it worked right off the bat make a list of the things you did.. installed apps/software/programs/tweaks and list them here.. this might help diagnose the issue.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums