Windows 10: ** Help ** Unable to create account on install of Windows 10 10041 Solved

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1.    05 Apr 2015 #91

    OK, I have found the issue causing my problem. I would NEVER believed this unless sitting in front of the computer doing this myself. The battery in the Laptop has not been charging for many years and always showing Plugged In / Not Charging. After loading 9926 and creating Local Account then laying 10041 right over the top(Upgrade), I was unable to do and Microsoft Software Updates, the error I kept getting was that I was in Power Saver Mode. I decided to take the battery out of the laptop then try the 9926 load and upgrading to 10041 and at that point I was able to install the updates. OK, i'm on a roll! Went back and installed 10041 from scratch with format and it let me create a Local Account and download/install Microsoft Updates. Who would have ever thought this would cause this type of problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       06 Apr 2015 #92

    Good sleuthing! Glad you resolved it and also reported your findings.

    Battery Saver (phone feature) was introduced in 9926 (I think). Seems as though it's a bug if you're on AC though.
    You should feed MS the information. I don't think running on AC with an uncharged battery should prevent updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Apr 2015 #93

    SkyNet3 said: View Post
    OK, I have found the issue causing my problem. I would NEVER believed this unless sitting in front of the computer doing this myself. The battery in the Laptop has not been charging for many years and always showing Plugged In / Not Charging. After loading 9926 and creating Local Account then laying 10041 right over the top(Upgrade), I was unable to do and Microsoft Software Updates, the error I kept getting was that I was in Power Saver Mode. I decided to take the battery out of the laptop then try the 9926 load and upgrading to 10041 and at that point I was able to install the updates. OK, i'm on a roll! Went back and installed 10041 from scratch with format and it let me create a Local Account and download/install Microsoft Updates. Who would have ever thought this would cause this type of problem.
    Thank you so much, you're such a big help for me, I faced the same problem and now it's fixed with removing this dead battery . I think that this will be an issue with integrated dead batteries :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Apr 2015 #94

    Bloomin' hell, who would have thought!!! Have just been trying to get an account set up on an older laptop and couldn't get past the enlightening "Something has gone wrong" in red. Flicked out the known stuffed battery and away it went!

    Wonder what twisted mind thought of that to frustrate us??

    Thanks SkyNet3 - you are a legend!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2
    Windows 7/Windows 8.1
       19 May 2015 #95

    SkyNet3 said: View Post
    OK, I have found the issue causing my problem. I would NEVER believed this unless sitting in front of the computer doing this myself. The battery in the Laptop has not been charging for many years and always showing Plugged In / Not Charging. After loading 9926 and creating Local Account then laying 10041 right over the top(Upgrade), I was unable to do and Microsoft Software Updates, the error I kept getting was that I was in Power Saver Mode. I decided to take the battery out of the laptop then try the 9926 load and upgrading to 10041 and at that point I was able to install the updates. OK, i'm on a roll! Went back and installed 10041 from scratch with format and it let me create a Local Account and download/install Microsoft Updates. Who would have ever thought this would cause this type of problem.
    I was stuck for an hour. The laptop I am on doesn't have a working battery, so I pulled it and voila!I was able to login and not have the error. Weird.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Build 10074
       20 May 2015 #96

    jdhud024 said: View Post
    I was stuck for an hour. The laptop I am on doesn't have a working battery, so I pulled it and voila!I was able to login and not have the error. Weird.
    Wow! Thanks.

    It worked fine for me. I've tried to do a clean install of Windows 10 Build 10074 and Windows 10 Pro Build 10041 and both failed creating the user with "Something went wrong".

    My laptop has a dead battery. Plugged out the dead battery, click on "Next" and done! User created instantly without issues.

    It was the battery!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 May 2015 #97

    agbiront said: View Post
    Wow! Thanks.

    It was the battery!!!
    Add one more in this situation, retire the dead battery and BINGO.

    SkyNet3 , thanks.

    After version 10XXX is needed to do this.

    OBS: Here the windows update doesn´t work with the battery plugged (0%), problem Save Energy ON.
    Last edited by ec2lrg; 22 May 2015 at 17:06.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    28 May 2015 #98

    ec2lrg said: View Post
    Add one more in this situation, retire the dead battery and BINGO.

    SkyNet3 , thanks.

    After version 10XXX is needed to do this.

    OBS: Here the windows update doesn´t work with the battery plugged (0%), problem Save Energy ON.

    I have been following this thread and I also removed the battery on my laptop and BOOM! I just clicked Next! Awesome Thanks!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Related Threads
Installation & Upgrade Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to create a bootable USB flash drive that can be used to install Windows 10 with or without UEFI. CONTENTS: Option One: Use Media Creation...
Here's an alternative in addition to Kari's Tutorial: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8SCzhbycA NOTE: It is better to create an ISO contaning install.wim so if you...
How to Create an 'Account Picture' Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 You can choose an account picture in Windows 10 to be associated with your user account (local and Microsoft) that you will see whenever you sign in to your PC and on your Start...
Oh bother... I'm running Windows 10 9879 in VMWare Workstation 10, this the third build that has this problem. I cannot and it will not let me sign into my Microsoft Account to start out with. The error code only seems to pertain to some Windows...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:38.
Find Us